Mt Baldy Ski Area Resort Reviews
3 pm 23 Jan 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Mt Baldy Ski Area at m altitude issued:
Mt Baldy Ski Area
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Mt Baldy Ski Area Ski Resort
January 10, 2017
Jeff B from Canada
Mt Baldy resort is open for 2017 season 7 days a week and having an amazing year. The conditions are excellent and the snow just keeps coming. We skied 7 days over Christmas break and the powder and glades where great. My kids loved the groomed runs; they were also in excellent shape. Joey and his team are doing a fantastic job at the ski hill with new rental equipment and the best lift ticket prices in the Province. Where else can you buy a seasons pass for $200. If you have not skied Mt Baldy get up there. It's some of the best skiing available in the South Interior.
Mt Baldy Ski Area Ratings
Overall: 3.6. Based on 8 votes and 6 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Mt Baldy Ski Area.
Public Transport: 2.7
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Mt Baldy Ski Area, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Mt Baldy Ski Area, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 2.6
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.4
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Mt Baldy Ski Area.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.5
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Mt Baldy Ski Area, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Mt Baldy Ski Area is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Mt Baldy Ski Area relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.8
(1) There are no snow groomers at Mt Baldy Ski Area, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Mt Baldy Ski Area are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Mt Baldy Ski Area is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.9
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Mt Baldy Ski Area, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.9
(1) Mt Baldy Ski Area usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.2
(1) The staff at Mt Baldy Ski Area are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Mt Baldy Ski Area are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.9
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 3.6
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.5
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Mt Baldy Ski Area has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Mt Baldy Ski Area, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.6
(1) Not even a kicker at Mt Baldy Ski Area, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Mt Baldy Ski Area, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Mt Baldy Ski Area has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.0
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.4
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.2
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.6
(1) Overall, Mt Baldy Ski Area is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.5
(1) Overall, Mt Baldy Ski Area is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
November 02, 2016
Sandra Smith from Canada
Mount Baldy has new owners. Lifts are ready to go; just waiting for a little more snow. Same web address - www at skibaldy dot com
January 28, 2014
OK Skier from Canada
Mount Baldy has not opened for the 2013/2014 season.
January 20, 2012
Sandra Smith from Canada
The ratings that show for this area do not match Mt. Baldy Ski Area in British Columbia. Guessing some of the references are to Mount Baldy California.
For example Mt Baldy Ski Area BC does not have hostels, and has no lift lines.
December 05, 2011
Love Baldy from Canada
Staff and season pass holders from neighbouring resorts are here on Fridays...................
October 05, 2011
Guru from United States
Baldy B.C. (Mt Baldy Ski Area) is the best undiscovered powder glade skiing in the Northwest. I have been skiing there since 1995 when it was just a T-Bar area. Now it has two chairs and great side and back country. I have cat skied and Baldy is as good if not better on any given day! Never a lift line and all the vertical in one day as your legs can take.