Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

CaMount Washington

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Mount Washington Ski Resort

• February 21, 2014
    from Canada

Skied on Feb 15 & 16 and the skiing was excellent given the fact they just reopened.
    The powder starved lined up and were treated to a great buffet of fresh. I had a few faceshots throughout the morning and while you had to be aware of "early season hazards", it was great coverage considering the season this mountain has been dealt.

• February 15, 2014
    from Canada

I think Mt. Washington is doing a great job of trying to keep the mountain open. They have no control over snow conditions and are doing the best they can with what they have.

• February 11, 2014
    from Canada

There seems to be a lot of grumpy skiers upset with Mount Washington this year. It's too bad, as management has no control over the weather and there is simply not enough water to allow for snow-making. Snow-Forecast is projecting about 160 cm of snow over the next nine days so hopefully this will be enough to reopen Mount Washington!

I first started skiing at Mount Washington in the early 1990's and since having kids, I've enjoyed skiing there for a week each spring break. It's a great family friendly ski hill and it cost much less to ski/stay there than at the alternatives on the lower mainland.

• February 10, 2014
    from Canada

Hey, what's with all the whining of no snow? I grew up in the Comox Valley and have been skiing MT. W since 1980. There have been several no snow years dating back to the early eighty's. There have also been mega snow years like '98 when chalet roofs collapsed under 30 ft of snow! Check it out. Noone has much snow this year. If you need to get out, go back country. Snow will return at some point. Meanwhile, go play some golf.

• February 09, 2014
    from Canada

Dear folks who know. Where would you suggest we measure the snow? Where a groomer drove over it 5 or 10 times? Yeah, that would be accurate. Oh no, then it would not represent un-groomed terrain. How about at the base of the stairs, in front of the lodge, or in the parking lot so you don't even need to get out of your car? It has to be taken from somewhere. Our plot is in a spot where, hopefully, folks won't ski through it and it (as I said before) meets all the standards set out by the CAA (as in the folks that know a lot more about snow and weather than you). The offer still stands to meet and I can show you what we do and you can give us you input.

P.S I never said it was great and the mt did not ask me to. It was skiing at least even if it was like brown sugar! Enjoy what we got. Bill

• February 09, 2014
    from Canada

As to comments about snow-making equipment you can bet we will all be paying for higher season passes if they get snow-making machines.
    One thing they need to invest in are paved parking and more general parking areas as it is overcrowded at peak periods. We have mud all over the inside of the car, especially the cross country parking lot at many times during the year.
    Kudos to the staff at Mount Washington for the friendly and helpful ski lift operators, Season Pass staff and ski equipment rental personnel.

• February 05, 2014
    from Canada

Hello, next owners of Mt washington, please don't be scared of the no snow year. If the current owners had made the necessary investment into snowmaking after the last no snow season, we'd all be skiing. We are now into our second protracted high pressure, seriously cold weather pattern. I've heard, along with other people, that there's not enough water to run a snow making operation. The reality is the current management staff lack the financial support or they lack the brains to figure out what almost every hill in North America figured out, that sometimes it doesn't snow. The only reason why we are not skiing, that there are no kids programs, all mtn, freestyle and race is 'cause the hill is so poorly managed and run. End of story. End of debate. If you miss skiing as much as my kids do, then you should be begging for someone else to take over and put in place a management team that actually, no really, actually cares. Because as much as these people claim they are really trying and really care, it's all BS, if they did there would be snowmaking. over & out. There are no excuses.

[note from the editor: text edited for the sake of relevance.]

• February 03, 2014
    from Canada

Nothing like Mt Washington and their lies about snow. You know how bad the resort management is when you have people working for the mountain coming on here and telling people it is great. Another and I know that the place where the snow pack depth is measured is not an accurate representation of what is on the mountain. But everyone who could see the dirt through the snow already figured that out.

[note from the editor : names of individuals not included in reviews.]

• January 25, 2014
    from Canada

To another reviewer: Just to let you know the "80cm" is a mid mt measurement taken each day, twice a day, as per the Canadian Avalanche Association standards. The measurement is updated in the morning via the patrol with a estimate from our lower plot at 6:00 and a actual measurement at approx 7:00. If you would like to see how this is done feel free to come and talk to me at ski patrol Sun-Mon and ask for Bill. Thanks. Bill Phipps Mt Washington forecaster.

• January 25, 2014
    from Canada

Word to the snow farmers. I want to thank the grooming crew for keeping the mountain open. Must be a challenging job.