Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

CaMount Washington

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Mount Washington Ski Resort

• February 11, 2016
    from Canada

My family has been skiing at Mt. Washington for years. Each year we have watched the quality of service go down; poorly groomed runs (when they actually groom them), higher prices for food in the eateries, grocery and liquor store cut to almost non-existent and prices in the gift store sky rocket with very little selection. We are a captive audience on the Island. If only we had somewhere else to go to get our ski fix! This year, with new owners, we were excited. The staff seemed happier, there was a general air of "yeah, these new people know how to treat skiers, perhaps people will flock back to the hill and us property owners will finally see people wanting to buy into the place". Oh well, maybe next year. Unfortunately, all the people who decided to stop boycotting the hill did come and try it this year and went away unhappy as it's hard to pay the high prices for the quality they are getting. Oh well, maybe next year.

• February 11, 2016
    from Canada

Skiing on family day was not only pathetic but unsafe for the public, with clumpy wet snow. Ungroomed runs were awful, seeing once a year skiers (half price) wiping out painfully on ugly moguls. I wonder how busy the ski patrol were? What happens is the few groomed runs very overcrowded, collisions imminent. Our new ownership gave us hope...four seasons, luges, zip lines, mountain biking. What a joke. Take care of winter..the rest will follow. Listen to the people, their complaints are rampant. I am very disappointed.

• February 07, 2016
    from Canada

It is Saturday evening on family day weekend. The parking lots are full and the village is buzzing with activity. We went for a night ride and the slope conditions were horrible. We took the tubes to the Yellow chair and the green runs were very uneven. As we rode up the Yellow we were stunned with the lack of grooming. It was obvious that many visitors were beginners and they were struggling with the bumps (moguls). Whisky Jack run was super deep bumps, Coaster only slightly better and although the Terrain park grooming was only okay, it was in the dark. The light posts were there but the light wasn't.
    Do we have representation from the new owners here. Are they onboard with the lack of customer service that we are extending to our guests. I certainly hope not. These families are spending a big buck to be here and I would think that the management would go out of their way to make sure that these guests return. The price of grooming is not worth losing this clientele.

• February 06, 2016
    from New Zealand

Mt. Washington should win an award for the worse snow grooming in North America.
    They could win a free trip to Silver Star where they will learn how to groom a ski area.

• January 31, 2016
    from Canada

I have been skiing at Mt Washington since the third year after they opened. The operation of the resort this year is the poorest that I have experienced. My complaints are: (1) the mid-week pass was discontinued making a lot of the loyal clientele angry (2) very few runs are groomed. As well as making the skiing boring this packs a lot of skiers on the groomed runs and makes them unsafe (3) Boom only open 4 days a week. Mt Washington is charging top dollar and providing a poor product. In my opinion they are shooting themselves in the foot.

• January 29, 2016
    from Canada

So glad to have found this site. I was so pissed at the rip-off that was cancelling mid week passes after 30 plus years and screwing all their long term loyal customers. My family and I decided to boycott the mountain, but now that I've found this site and so many others feeling the same I would like to reach out to all those who feel the same way and start a class action suit for breach of contract. If anyone knows a lawyer who feels the same pass this on please. For now we can get this ball rolling on here then start a Facebook page to move forward and build. Let's show these new corporate Americans they have a social responsibility.

[note from the editor: it would be preferable if contact could be made via a e-mail address. Please provide this so interested parties can use it.]

• January 28, 2016
    from Canada

Time to groom more runs. Appreciate it eats into overheads but surely investing more in better slopes will bring more returning customers. And time to stop the laughable eyeball reports posted on here by Mt Washington. Great skiing all through the resort was a patent lie at the weekend. The glades and outback were unskiably hard and most of the grooms were ungroomed, cut up and had re-frozen.

• January 25, 2016
    from Canada

I couldn't agree more with the comments about the poor grooming and the limited opening of the Boomerang from Friday to Monday. What a joke. The sunrise chair does definitely need updating. I am glad that I didn't get sucked in to buy a full on pass when they eliminated the midweeker.

• January 25, 2016

As the Bullwheel Turns

The wild steed of Ullr bucks long and hard.
    The snow lays on like creme freche on top of a 7 layer dip,
    Tortilla men crumble and snow gods mumble.

We beg, we plead. We sacrifice the last puff of weed.
    Yet when he delivers, we taunt him by whimpering about the lack of groomed runs to carve and get our wiggle on.

And unfortunate consequence of our sheepishness,
    Ullr cranks up the freezing level and a deluge of wet white marmot flavoured chowder lands on our laps, at 1500m Searing cold and leaving a burn.

Ski the bread bowl peoplel! Don't let your lack of limber limbs keep you from dipping your sticks in some nice coastal chow.

Show some appreciation for the beauty that is a soggy mitten and put your big boy skis on. Make some McShlonkey turns and button up that polyester onesie. Things are looking pretty great for our west coastal mountain paradise.

• January 24, 2016
    from Canada

On the Mt (.Jan 23rd): all the blues nicely groomed. Good job guys. See you soon.