Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

CaMount Washington

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Mount Washington Ski Resort

• March 12, 2016
    from Canada

I don't see many posts lately on Nordic grooming, so here goes. I would have to give the Mt. a C- for the season, trending downward. It seems that even a relatively small snowfall overnight creates huge problems both in the quality of the grooming and in the number of trails that can be made skiable.
    An example was Monday the 7th of March. Conditions were ideal, the resort reported 7 cm overnight, 10 in the last 48 hr. There were 34 K of 55k actually groomed, and 50% of that was subpar. This was on a day that had epic spring skiing potential. Oh, and the Nordic parking lot was nearly full, so the skiers were there.
    I've skied Mt. Wash trails since the resort opened, and can accept that heavy snowfall, freeze-thaw, rain, boiler plate etc can be valid reasons for grooming difficulties. On the flip side, these are the conditions that we live with. 30 plus years of experience, the right equipment, manpower and attitude should have already gone a long way towards solving the problems on difficult days.
    The most important thing that this Mt. has to sell is the skier experience on the slopes and trails. This is critical to developing new skiers and retaining the rest of us. Work to make the skiing the best that it can be and all the rest will follow.

from Canada

I saw that the mountain is closing midweek early this year on April 3?
    Kind of cheeky since they got rid of the midweek pass so they can stop being open Mon-Thurs in April, even though people had to pay for a full alpine pass this year. Like when they shut the Boomerang down midweek earlier this season. Sneaky! But I get it. New owners need to run the old machine for one season, so why spend the money when something new and shiny is on the horizon? Well, it better be.

from Canada

Attention Strathcona Parkway users. If any of you, your guests, friends, family or renters have experienced one or more flat tires as a result of a rock puncture from driving on the Strathcona Parkway, please invest in proper tires.

We drive up this road 4-5 times a week during various conditions and have had no issues.

from Canada

Not sure about all the gripe I've skimmed over but I have one thing to say for sure about Mount Wash: when it snows it snows! Who cares about the stupid carpets, or pissy vacationers and angry dads and rain clumps and grooming and poorly managed lifts and all the other whatnots. The mountain (with no help from top heavy management, but strictly geographically speaking) delivers, because even 10 cm of west coast snow is enough to cover ice and bumps and make you feel like a superhero on a trampoline. I've been on the mountain every season for 15 years and some were not as good as others but I'm stoked for all the different kinds of snow it gets and how much of it it gets. Maybe it's not for you if you are a soft core city slicker looking for an all around "vacation experience", but good riddance. If you're looking for a few amazing turns in deep snow then it's all there. Amen.

• March 06, 2016
    from Canada

For those who are interested: take a look at the live cam at Mount Wash. The groomer is broken down. We watched the groomer get out of his machine and walk up the hill. I guess the tube is out today. Poor families who drive up the mountain to treat their children on the tube hill. I drove up yesterday and did one run because almost all of the runs were not groomed. Very choppy and very dangerous. It must have kept ski patrols busy and perhaps lawyers, to come. I have skied many resorts in North America and Europe and this is the worst grooming I've experienced. Get it together guys.

• February 29, 2016
    from Canada

This season is weeding out the whiners.
    I just read a bunch of reviews.
    It's a skiers mountain not a food court. Take your whiny attitude back to Victoria or go ride a T-bar on Mt. Cain that almost has no grooming. Typical human behaviour! Just suck it up,
    Lucky to even ski during what was supposed to be a wash out.

• February 17, 2016
    from Canada

As a customer who continues to return year after year, even when conditions aren't ideal, I offer the following observations. The grooming is excellent when there are ideal snow conditions; when it rains all day at night it's adequate. Perhaps a run closed during the day and a groomer cleaning it up a bit might help with the night skiing. Overall, there hasn't been any real noticeable difference and it doesn't matter how many cats you have or don't have available skied out is skied out.

I do know they are down a few machines and I hope they can run with less as the cost is enormous and this will undoubtably reflect on the price of a season pass.

I enjoy skiing mid week when the traffic is less and wonder why the Boomerang chair gets closed. Just last week I enquired with the lift worker and he informed me it was because of numbers. Really so do I get a discount for that day? Or should I ask for my money back? Seems like an odd way to run the place but what do I know? It was starting to clear up and the conditions had begun to improve; not sure who makes those decisions. As a customer, the continued on and off with no solid reason makes a pass to Whistler and the road trip seem like a better value. Can't really blame the new owners as they have inherited the current leadership and are likely to make positive changes after a solid performance review .

• February 14, 2016
    from Canada

Are there any other people out there who were promised a 50 percent discount on their 2016 midweek passes from the mountain only to be told that they cancelled the midweek. Therefore, you would be paying for a discounted full pass which works out to what would have been a full mid week even though you never use the mountain on weekends and holidays?

• February 14, 2016
    from Canada

I have been a night season pass holder for about 6 years or more now and this is the worst I have ever seen. They have closed the downstairs food area at night so now you have to get your food upstairs. I took a kid skiing on one night and the upstairs eating area was so full we had to carry our food downstairs. After helping ourselves to chilly in a pot with everyone digging out of and hopefully not sneezing or coughing into we carried our food downstairs, he almost slipped trying to carry his food and walk down steep stairs with ski boots, I spilled the super hot chilli all over my hands and had to keep going and try to help him at the same time. Afterwards, we went on the carpets again but were told to take off our skis as they had run out of anti freeze. Halfway up the lift stopped abruptly and because he was in boots not in skis he fell flat on his face. The lift operators were great running down to help him up and make sure he was okay but he could have been hurt over some antifreeze. We decided to try a different lift only to find that they were out as well. It made a great evening somewhat disappointing. We both still had fun but we left early and I have only been up a few times since and left early every time. The overpriced 'help yourself' food, the bathrooms at night when it is quiet are so filthy it is gross and no paper towels every time we have been up. Plus the lack of grooming makes for a less fun experience. I went day skiing once but won't again this season as the lines were way too long and there was no where left to sit in the lodge at lunch. I hope things improve or I will spend my time and money elsewhere. Last week my friends and I went hiking instead of skiing and we were biking a few weeks ago and tonight instead of skiing I am writing this review. Skiing is just not the same when you feel liket he owners don't care about their guests.

• February 12, 2016
    from Canada

Have to agree with other posts, been skiing here since it opened and have never seen so little grooming, except for Littons. The east side of the mountain has been forgotten; not a great endorsement of management or owners.