Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

CaMount Washington

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Mount Washington Ski Resort

• January 08, 2017
    from Canada

Best Nordic skiing in 30 years at Mt Washington. Excellent grooming, good base and record hours of sunlight.

• December 24, 2016
    from Canada

As a season pass holder, we were pleased on the first outing of the year that the grooming was well done. Obviously, the 3 new groomers are essential to making a big improvement on what has been a bit of a sore point for the last few years. Exciting with the new ownership! Unfortunately, the first time we went out was the best. Now it seems we are back to maybe it will be groomed and maybe it won't be groomed. Well, the latter seems to be the way it is or I am incredibly unlucky which days I pick to go for a ski. Hearing lots from other skiers as well and it's not good. Maybe it's time to rid the rest of the 'old' staff, get some new blood in there that knows what they are doing and are able to listen and understand when the masses complain. There is lots of pow in the backcountry, so why can't the runs be at least groomed. Just a thought from a Level 3 instructor!

• December 21, 2016
    from Canada

Hmmm. New owners, 3 new groomers and still a major lack of grooming. What a huge disappointment!

• December 19, 2016
    from Canada

I am very impressed with the grooming that I have witnessed so far this early season. The lodge improvements are nice also. Looking forward to another great season and to further improvements.

• December 08, 2016
    from United Kingdom

We visited Washy in 2014 when my son was an instructor there. It was so good that he is returning with a group for a month, this month.The local hostel was brilliant for young people. We found all staff and facilities very good and we have been all over Europe. Go Washy and we hope you have a brilliant season.

• December 08, 2016
    from Canada

Lots of pissing and moaning is mostly what i've seen on the reviews. Suck it up...it Is the only show in town, and you're fortunate it's in your back yard. Go spend $100 for a lift ticket in Whistler and $400/night for a hotel room, and enjoy the scenic ferry ride btw. New management has clearly spent millions of dollars for the betterment of resort operations; from bringing back mountain biking, new cats, new restaurant, snow making., etc, not to mention more options for pass holders at a lower rate than the previous year. Deflation? When does that ever happen.? Reading the ridiculousness of some of these post has grown tiresome. No affiliation to the mtn.

• December 07, 2016
    from Canada

When you have a monopoly with a large customer base one would expect some loyalty of service to their pass holders because that is where they get the needed capital to operate. Not to reflect on the new owners, but in the past I have been treated poorly at Mount Washington, that is why I quit skiing on a steady basis and it's why my 5 children only ski on occasion. I skied for many years and was one of the first to ski Mnt Washington when they opened in 1981-82. But, unfortunately for the new Mnt Washington owners, I have lost my desire to ski locally because of this same attitude. It is surprising that the new owner has kicked off the season with this same attitude that the customer doesn't matter. Maybe an explanation would be forthcoming to soothe the pass holders who feel betrayed, and rightly so.

• December 01, 2016
    from Canada

The management owes their customers an explanation of the opening delay. How about a refund on my seasons pass for the 2 weeks I could have been skiing? The only local hill not open and not even displaying the base on your website as promised last week. Beautiful early season conditions squandered.

• November 30, 2016
    from Canada

Yep, if I were the rest of you all I would stay home!
    20cm of fresh powder is down right bad for the soul!
    When it snows here it's not like it is 4cm and stops when the groomers get finished. It goes all night and all day! You can't run the groomers 24 hours a day. The snow is wet most times and turns to mashed potatoes by noon. So get a half day pass and get out while the getting is good. They could do a midday groom for the night skiing though. Lineups, pfffff.. Go to Whistler and you will see lineups. Great place and a great atmosphere!
    So stay home if ya don't like powder!

• November 30, 2016
    from Canada

Usually I have only positive comments, but sorry not this time.
    Whistler..open, Cypress..open, Grouse..open, Seymour..open, Mt.Washington..closed. I guess when you're the only game on the Island who cares. Don't say conditions were not right. Get with it. I would think the new ownership group would be doing a better job than this. See you at Whistler.