Snow Forecast 3 am 23 May 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Mount Buller at 1590 m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Days 0-3 Mount Buller Weather Summary:Moderate rain (total 12.0mm), heaviest on Tue night. Mild temperatures (max 6°C on Tue morning, min 1°C on Wed morning). Winds decreasing (fresh winds from the N on Tue morning, light winds from the SW by Wed night).
Days 4-6 Mount Buller Weather Summary:Light rain (total 9.0mm) at first, then becoming colder with a dusting of snow on Sun night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 4°C on Fri morning, min -1°C on Sun night). Winds increasing (light winds from the WNW on Fri afternoon, gales from the NW by Sat night).
|Tuesday 23||Wednesday 24||Thursday 25||Friday 26||Saturday 27||Sunday 28|
|Summary||rain shwrs||rain shwrs||rain shwrs||light snow||light snow||clear||clear||rain shwrs||light rain||light rain||rain shwrs||some clouds||light rain||light rain||rain shwrs||snow shwrs||light snow||light snow|
|Freezing level (m)||2700||2500||2250||1900||2350||3000||2800||2550||2400||2800||2800||2600||2450||2400||2250||1950||1900||1500|
The above table gives the weather forecast for Mount Buller at the specific elevation of 1590 m. Our sophisticated weather models allow us to provide snow forecasts for the top, middle and bottom ski stations of Mount Buller. To access the weather forecasts for the other elevations, use the tab navigation above the table. For a wider view of the weather, check out the Weather Map of Australia.
Click here to read further information on freezing levels and how we forecast our temperatures.
Visitor Reviews of Mount Buller
Mark from Australia writes:
Just got back from a weekend trip to Mt Buller. Flew all the way from Perth for it. Bought a 2 day lift pass and hired equipment for both days on the day of arrival. First day was ok and snow conditions were good albeit no where near as good as Europe. On the second day ALL the lifts bar one were closed. This did not show on the Mt Buller iPhone app, the snow report or the info screens in the village. These were all still showing as 90% open. Even the gate to the resort at the bottom of the hill only said 2 lifts were closed due to wind. This meant that you have to pay $40 to get in and make your way all the way to the top before seeing that there is actually nothing you can do.
Add to this that they refused to refund the second days lift pass even though no facilities were available. I find this absolutly appalling! If a sports event or music concert is rained out refunds are given as you have not gotten what you paid for. I see no reason why the same policy does not apply for a ski resort. In Europe, if a certain percentage of the lifts are not open due to weather (happens very seldom) refunds are provided to people who have bought tickets in advance! Given the overall cost of boarding/skiing at Buller you soon realise that beyond the cost of the flight to Europe you can actually buy a 6 day pass and hire equipment for the same time at less of a cost than what they charge for 2 days. I have, on 3 occasions, boarded in the French Alps for around 600 GBP for 6 days and that included the return trip to London. I paid over $1000 to fly from Perth to Melbourne and go to Buller for 2 days boarding and then only got 1 day actually on the slopes.
Free Snow-Forecast.com weather widget for your website
The Mount Buller skiing weather widget below is available to embed on external websites free of charge. It provides a daily summary of our Mount Buller snow forecast and current weather conditions. Simply go to the feed configuration page and follow the 3 simple steps to grab the custom html code snippet and paste it into your own site. You can choose the snow forecast elevation (summit, mid-mountain or bottom lift) and metric/imperial units for the snow forecast feed to suit your own website…. Click here to get the code.