Ski Italy

Molveno Resort Reviews

• Weather Forecast for Molveno at  m altitude issued: 6 pm08 Dec 2016 (local time)
Ski Italy

Molveno Resort Reviews

ItMolveno

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Molveno Ski Resort

Ski Resort Rating: Rate Molveno

• May 28, 2009
    from France

I went to Molveno whilst visiting family at Lac Garda, in Italy, and was very dissapointed. I have skied in Val d'Isere, Tignes and Chamonix in my home country and to compare Molveno is nothing. Maybe that is not the point because it is only a small village and just one run, but still the lift pass is expensive at €30 a day for one piste which is not groomed. The lift carries one person only and is very slow, and with no snow in Febuary you cannot call the place a ski resort. The valley was completely dry hazy and dusty. Yes, snow on the Brenta Dolomites far above which are very imposing but the altitude is too low in Molveno for skiing. The piste faces to the south and the snow was very thin so many times I scraped through mud.

• November 18, 2008
    from United Kingdom

I have been living in the UK for 2 years now but am coming originally from Uganda where there is obviously no ability to ski, so coming to Molveno in March 2007 was a new experience for me. It was a small resort with only 1 piste but was perfect for me to learn to ski. The village of Molveno was very nice and quiet by a stunning blue lake and high mountains rising up behind. It is stated on this page that the bottom station is 864m but that is actually the village height, you have to get cable car from the village up a cliff to the bottom of the run at 1196m - what is called 'mid station' here. As Mr Brian Betonde found the cable car was not running from the village so we had to drive up too. This involves going up a dirt road through forest to reach a hotel car park which contains the lift station. There was not snow on the whole slope and no snow cannons to make artificial so some few parts we had to take off skis and walk down a small section of the slope to the next section of snow. This was not a problem for me as a beginner but I see an expert could find it limiting. Chairlift pass was around UG$86,000 which was about €90 at the time for 6 days, which I thought good value for the 1km run and having the slope to ourselves most time! I would reccommend Molveno to beginner and intermediate as long as you have friends to teach you, as there is no ski school.

• November 09, 2008
    from United Kingdom

We came to Molveno in February half-term as a 6th form ski trip two years in a row. The first time we arrived there was no snow in the valley and the cable car from Molveno up to the ski run of Pradel was not working so we had to take the coach up every day. Unfortunately there was not much snow on the run either - just patches here and there in the shade - so it wasn't possible to ski more than about 10m in one go. The chair lift was also closed so the boys had to walk back to the top of the run when finished. Molveno itself was very quiet and very little was ever open, so we drove to the nearby town of Andalo at night which was a little busier with some bars and restaraunts open. The second time we came there was again no snow in the valley and the cable car up to Pradel was not running so driving up was necessary. There was more snow on the run this time (though still with large brown patches) and the cable car was running. Some of the more advanced skiers complained the single run didn't offer enough challenge, though it is ungroomed and deserves its blue rating. On the positive side the piste was very empty at all times with no queues for the lift and it's south-east facing so was always warm and sunny. Our hotels in Molveno were always smart and clean with good service. The scenary is also spectacular, located as it is 800m asl on a slope of the 3200m Brenta Dolomites.