Les 7 Laux Resort Reviews
12 am 11 Dec 2016(local time) Weather Forecast for Les 7 Laux at m altitude issued:
Les 7 Laux
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Les 7 Laux Ski Resort
January 31, 2012
Tracey from United Kingdom
We love this resort and keep coming back year after year. The new Les Granges development offers exceptional accommodation - true ski in-ski out.
Got to mention the excellent ESF, who offer English speaking instruction (should you wish)
Top to bottom is 1000m from Prapoutel to the top of Le Pouta and offers something for everybody, get an instructor and go steep and deep as we did after amazing snow in January.
Further lift enhancements are planned. It keeps getting better and better. Stay in Les Trois Valee - don't come here!
Les 7 Laux Ratings
Overall: 3.8. Based on 36 votes and 8 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Les 7 Laux.
Public Transport: 4.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Les 7 Laux, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Les 7 Laux, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.5
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.2
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Les 7 Laux.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.3
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Les 7 Laux, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Les 7 Laux is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Les 7 Laux relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.4
(1) There are no snow groomers at Les 7 Laux, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Les 7 Laux are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Les 7 Laux is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Les 7 Laux, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.9
(1) Les 7 Laux usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.2
(1) The staff at Les 7 Laux are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Les 7 Laux are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.9
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.4
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.5
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Les 7 Laux has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Les 7 Laux, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 4.3
(1) Not even a kicker at Les 7 Laux, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Les 7 Laux, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Les 7 Laux has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.7
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.8
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.6
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.0
(1) Overall, Les 7 Laux is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.7
(1) Overall, Les 7 Laux is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
January 28, 2012
Antoine & Bryony from France
Easy access from either Grenoble or Chambery.
Excellent for skiing, both for beginners and advanced, with 3 different small resorts: Prapoutel, Pipay and Le Pleynet. All with beautiful mountains views. Good value for money. Les "Vallons de la Jasse" or la "Combe de Bedina" provide incredible slopes from top to bottom situated in wild landscape.
Not much "apres-ski"/ entertainment provided by the resort - it is more for local French people. The accommodation are blocks of flats rather than a beautiful/historic resort town.
January 03, 2011
dusko koncar from Croatia
Beautiful place....you have got everything for a perfect family holiday, well groomed slopes, enough snow, well spread in three villages... Good food, good skiing...*****
January 09, 2010
Anthony from United Kingdom
We visit Les 7 Laux 3/4 times a season as a family and we always find it a fantastic place to ski with our two little ones. There are also some more challenging red and black runs with plenty of off-piste to be found.
With the building of the new Les Granges apartments it certainly adds a lot more charm to the resort and provides easy access to the slopes with their on-piste location.
Access is generally easy to Les 7 Laux resort with both Chambery and Grenoble airports within easy reach (approx' 1 hour) and Geneva around 1h45mins'.
Overall, I would recommend Les 7 Laux to anyone looking for a quiet, family friendly resort.
March 06, 2009
Rob from United Kingdom
Les 7 Laux is a gem of a resort. Perfect for families and the hardened expert alike.
Well groomed/managed pistes and loads to explore off-piste.
Some really long black runs (top to the bottom of the domain) with great bumps and views when taking a breather.
Architecturally challenged in Prapoutel but some posh new developments taking place giving the resort a lift.
Great access to Les 7 Laux from Grenoble, Lyon airports and the motorway.
January 31, 2009
Francois from France
This resort (Les 7 Laux) is far from the smallest in the Grenoble area.
Riding here about 30 days per season, and still discovering new things with a few walk.
In weekday pow, days can be memorable unlike crowded Sundays.
Les 7 Laux definitely provides the best pleasure/driving ratio from Grenoble.
December 29, 2008
Adam from United Kingdom
Just been to Les 7 Laux today and it's definitely one of the smaller ski areas but if you are over here and fancy a day out then it's well worth a look in - it's close enough to Grenoble to get an afternoon in if from there.
December 14, 2006
Pierre-Emmanuel Frot from France
Certainly the best riding place close to Grenoble. But you need to be ready to wake up early to be the first on the slopes ! Else do not expect to find too many untouched spaces ... Great snow park as well. Definitely, one of my favorite place. For the latest news, do not hesitate in visiting the website www.les7laux.fr. You will find valuable information and accurate news on weather and snow conditions (not like some other sites...)