Ski France

Les Contamines Resort Reviews

• Weather Forecast for Les Contamines at  m altitude issued: 1 am21 Oct 2017 (local time)
Ski France

Les Contamines Resort Reviews

FrLes Contamines

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Les Contamines Ski Resort

• August 23, 2007
    from United Kingdom

I have been going to Les Contamines since 1989 when it was a really quiet resort and thankfully it has not changed much. There have been some technological advances and I think that with the investment in snow making that has taken place, this year 2007-8 will be great. I have skied Chamonix amd you can keep it. I bought an apartment last year and am a 5 minute walk from the gondola. Try Le Husky and L'Op Trakken for good grub and have a beer and sauccison at the refurbished bar at the bottom of the gondola. Great place, great people. I have to agree also that Ty Briez is a great place to have a beer and savoury pancake. Ok I am biased. Cheers to all Mick.

• February 25, 2007
    from United Kingdom

This place is superb for a family holiday. The ESF ski school is absolutely brilliant and the skiing here is just wonderful for all abilities. There is a great nursery where even the little ones can start skiing from the age of 21/2! The resort is quiet at night but that is because all the activity and relaxation takes place on the slopes! We'll be back next year!

• February 18, 2006
    from Australia

This place is a gem. I bought a house 5km up the valley and didn't even know it existed; what a fantastic bonus. I hardly go to Chamonix now; there is great off-piste here, it is so quiet you get whole runs to yourself, and even during the busy Feb period it is still much quiter than the big ones. If 2006 is typical then what a result; great snow from the day it opened on the 3rd Dec. The conditions have been perfect ever since. Stuff the night life, whether its good or bad, save your energy for the slopes (ok I am getting on a bit).

• January 22, 2006
    from United Kingdom

We have experienced the superb snow record in Les Contamines for the last ten years and it has become reknown for good snow when other higher resorts have failed. The resort has never failed to impress us with the superb mixture of pistes for all abilities and amazing variety of off piste. It is not a high mileage resort but quality counts. A real bonus is that the local people are much more friendly than other resorts we have visited.

• January 17, 2006
    from United Kingdom

I have to agree with Fran - Les Contamines is a fantastic place to ski and if you found it boring you obviously didn't go to the right places. I have visited on four occasions and I am going back there again this year it really is one of the few unspoilt areas where you can enjoy the culture aswell as the skiing. If the nightlife is not wild enough for you Chamonix is only 25mins drive away.

• December 09, 2005
    from United Kingdom

Les Contamines rocks; I spent the season there last winter and fell in love with the place. The skiing is great, like Fran said, if you know where to go. As for the nightlife, if you think there is none you have no idea. Saxo, ty Briez and Savoisien are great. I wish I was there for another winter!

• November 15, 2005
    from United Kingdom

I have to agree with the last review Les Contamines is one of the best resorts in the Alps and can challenge Chamonix for some of the best riding in the area. Having been shown some of the amazing off piste it certainly is one place you can return to again and agian and fine something new.

Thankfully, i am not inclined to wear a day-glo one piece, stupid hat and only go riding for the apres ski...unlike Bob!

• March 30, 2004
    from United Kingdom

knowing this resort like the back of my hand now i have to disagree. It is one of the most undiscovered unspoilt french resorts left in the alps. If the skiing wasn't challenging enough you simply didn't know where to go. And as for nightlife - i'd choose a night in saxo or ty briez over watching drunken brits puke in the corner after 15 pints in Chamonix any day...

• January 26, 2004
    from United Kingdom

i think the resort was really boring it does not have very much to offer experienced skiiers. i would have 2 agree wid elliott i would not reccomend it

• January 26, 2004
    from United Kingdom

les contamines has got great runs. it was sort of enjoyable but does not have too much nitelife. i would not recommend it