Le Massif Ski Area Resort Reviews
1 am 23 Jul 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Le Massif Ski Area at m altitude issued:
Le Massif Ski Area
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Le Massif Ski Area Ski Resort
February 11, 2017
Hatty from United States
I'm from New Hampshire and I would say that Lee Massif is a cross between Cannon mtn and Mad River Glenn in Vermont. It has the best snow and the best views in the east. Add that to awesome tree skiing and a great gondola and you have hit the jackpot.
Le Massif Ski Area Ratings
Overall: 3.6. Based on 1 vote and 5 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Le Massif Ski Area.
Public Transport: 4.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Le Massif Ski Area, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Le Massif Ski Area, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Le Massif Ski Area.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Le Massif Ski Area is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
Snow Grooming: 4.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Le Massif Ski Area, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Le Massif Ski Area are groomed daily.
Regional rating: 4.0
(1) Le Massif Ski Area usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Le Massif Ski Area, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Le Massif Ski Area, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
Ski Pass Value: 4.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 5.0
(1) Overall, Le Massif Ski Area is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 5.0
(1) Overall, Le Massif Ski Area is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
December 23, 2014
François Houde from Canada
Le Massif have a nice project at the base (village).
December 26, 2011
Jean-Francois from Canada
Le Massif is one of the most amazing place in all of Canada! Most beautiful view in Quebec overlooking the Saint-Lawrence river in the region of Charlevoix, most snow in all of Quebec resorts, top and bottom access with parking lots, lodges, beginners area, top quality bars and restaurants and also no junk food sold there!
December 21, 2007
JumpTurn from United States
Le Massif is great! Tons of snow (eg, 6m or more), moguls fields for every level, and plenty of woods skiing in unique setting overlooking the St Lawrence River. The area is lower key than Mont St Anne. The biggest drawback is that their best run, Le Charlevoix, is always closed for race training. Why not get a clue from the French and open the best terrain?
December 27, 2005
Stephane from Canada
The massif is my favorite place in the east.
Nice mountain, nice view, and usually nice snow.