Las Pendientes Resort Reviews
2 am 18 Jan 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Las Pendientes at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Las Pendientes Ski Resort
May 19, 2010
Ignacio Salas from Argentina
YEAR-ROUND UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCES
Thanks to its unique and spectacular location, Las Pendientes offers optimal year round options ofr enjoyment and recreation.
Amidst the spectacular scenery of the Andes mountains and in the heart of Argentine Patagonia, Las Pendientes Ski Village offers an exclusive experience. Las Pendientes has two private ski runs: one is just over 400 metres in length, ideal for beginners and equiped with a T-bar; the other is steeper, almost 750 metres in length, and is equipped with a triple chair lift, that allows you to ski its longer run, as well as to ski through the woods from Las Pendientes to Chapelco.
After the winter snows have gone, you can begin to enjoy a wide array of other sporting and other outdoor activities that highlight the exclusivity of this adventure lovers' paradise: horseback rides through the forests, mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing and paragliding.
The Proximity of the Camino de los Siete Lagos provides easy access to fishing, sailing, windsurfing, rafting, and kayaking, al in the midst of incomparable scenery.
The Jack Nicklaus-designed course at the Chapelco Golf Club is situated just some 30 minmute away
AN EXCLUSIVE PROJECT, IMPECCABLY EXECUTED
Las Pendientes Ski Village was developed on a site of 98 hectares. It comprises 182 lots, each with a designated use. These in turn comprise a residential category for single familiy homes, chalets and hotels for lodging, shopping, and one for sporting and common use. Minimum surface area of the lots is 2,500 m2 and the maximum 10,000 m2 or 1 hectare.
Every detail of Las Pendientes has been thought through so that you can enjoy to the full this private community which has been painstakingly integrated into the natural environment around it: hence the esclusive use of local materials in the design and construction."
The harmonious distribution of space maximizes your appreciation of the imposing natural setting and provides the peace you always dreamt of. A Ski Village as exclusive as you are - the perfect place to pursue your favourite pastimes."
Whatever time of year arrive at Las Pendientes, nature will be waiting to offer you and your family moments of unforgettable excitement and pleasure. After the winter snows have gone, you can begin to enjoy a wide array of other sporting and other outdoor activities that highlight the exclusivity of this adventure lovers' paradise.
All the services, comforts and conveniences you would expect in the place of your dreams: fresh water supply, natural gas, electricity, lit pathways by night, internal and external phone lines, internet, satellite TV, security, and more.
Las Pendientes Ratings
Overall: 3.8. Based on 6 votes and 6 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Las Pendientes.
Public Transport: 3.8
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Las Pendientes, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Las Pendientes, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 4.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Las Pendientes.
Ski in/Ski out: 5.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Las Pendientes, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Las Pendientes is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Las Pendientes relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.3
(1) There are no snow groomers at Las Pendientes, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Las Pendientes are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Las Pendientes is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.3
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Las Pendientes, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.2
(1) Las Pendientes usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.2
(1) The staff at Las Pendientes are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Las Pendientes are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.3
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.7
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.7
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Las Pendientes has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Las Pendientes, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.2
(1) Not even a kicker at Las Pendientes, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Las Pendientes, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Las Pendientes has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.8
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.2
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.8
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.2
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.3
(1) Overall, Las Pendientes is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.0
(1) Overall, Las Pendientes is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.