Ski France

La Plagne Resort Reviews

Ski France

La Plagne Resort Reviews

FrLa Plagne

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for La Plagne Ski Resort

• February 14, 2012
    from United Kingdom

We had a wonderful week 21-27 January 2012. We know the resort well (it was where we learnt 18 years ago!) and still find plenty to enjoy. Amazing amounts of snow this year! Should keep the resort in fantastic condition through the season. Beautifully groomed pistes. Some improvements on the already lovely Bozelet run and the new Verdons Sud lift is good. Still do not like the top of Pavane down to Aime - even in this excellent season it managed to be icy! Also we much enjoyed a visit to the cinema at Bellecote to see The Artist.

• January 24, 2012
    from United Kingdom

Have been on numerous ski trips with my partner, friends and the school trip I run. Done about 12 weeks in total and La Plagne over Christmas 2011 has been my favourite to date. The resort is huge, we stayed in Plagne 1800 and was advised not to waste money with the full paradise ski area as resort was so large and I'm glad we didn't. Every day we skied new runs and got to visit favourites again, the queues for lifts weren't that bad other than Le Bergerie which I would avoid at 10am. great snow and stayed in crystal chalet and had the most amazing host. I'm def going back - a great resort.

• January 21, 2012
    from United Kingdom

Visited 23-30 Dec 2011, Ski World chalet Clarine in Belle Plagne. Days 1 and 6 snowy, 2-5 clear blue sky and no wind. Chalet great as were staff and other guests. Boot room door literally on the piste. Great skiing, quite busy and queues tiresome late pm, I say late but actually 3 onwards as a lot of lifts shut before 4. That made trips to Champagny and Les Arc a little rushed. Later in season longer hours would be better. 8 and 10 year old daughters wearing me out now but that is how it should be. Back to Val at Easter for some serious vertical descents but Belle will always be worth a visit, especially on a good late booking deal like this time.

• December 31, 2011
    from United Kingdom

Spent a week 19th - 26th Dec 2011 here. Great resort for families. Loads of snow and the off-piste was great finding new stashes everyday. Plenty in La Plagne to keep us happy for a week without paying for the full Paradise sky pass. Quite a few flat spots so not ideal for boarders although we saw plenty. Could really do with a rope tow or magic carpet in Plagne centre to get up to the chairlift and gondola. Good ski schools and prices were reasonable for a French ski resort. Stayed with Ski Bug who were a great chalet company. We will definitely return in the future.

• December 13, 2011
    from United Kingdom

I have been to La Plagne twice Jan 2009 and Jan 2011.

This is a huge resort with good reliable lifts and a mega choice of runs to explore, the off-piste is very accessible and amazing so long as there has been some snow. 2009 was amazing with powder everywhere and clear sky's during the day, 2011 was dire with nearly no snow all season! The pistors did do an amazing job keeping the vast majority of runs well groomed and open all be it the lower runs were getting very bare and icy by the end of our week, not surprising when it reached +6 at 2500 m in mid Jan !

This is a good resort for all ability's just hope you get some snow !

It does still suffer from French rip off prices however !

• December 04, 2011
    from United Kingdom

if you want to spend the week in the bar partying La Plagne is probably not for you, nor if you are looking for chocolate box pretty villages.
    La Plagne is great for novices and intermediates, the weakness is probably the lack of reds and blacks but if you are good enough to go off-piste it is truly awesome.

• April 04, 2011
    from Vatican

Just back from La Plagne, it's great. Perhaps some of the moaning English skiers could learn to speak a few words of French ...it does actually help.

• March 27, 2011
    from France

We have just returned from La Plagne. Stayed for one week. No snow from 16th March. Stayed in Plange village ski in / out. A bit sparse but ok, selfcatering. Mainly ski up the top, some slopes got a bit slushy in the afternoon. We are in our mid sixties, we live in the Lot, France. Took 1 hour to get there, the traffic was bad but, all in all, good time.

• March 03, 2011
    from United Kingdom

I came back to La Plagne in January 2011 - the first time since maybe 2003 - this time staying self-catering in Plagne Village. Had a fantastic week and although the snow conditions could have been better, the pistes were pretty good despite no new snow for at least 2 weeks. Cost was very reasonable since we "ate-in" throughout the holiday, shopping at the local convenience Spar shop. All-in cost including absolutely everything (flights, accommodation, transfers, lift passes, ski & boot hire, food, drink, more drink...) worked out to about £600 per person, for 2 adults.

Say what you like about the architecture (er.. ugly?), night-life (OK I guess), La Plagne is all about skiing for which it offers something for everyone.

• March 03, 2011
    from United Kingdom

Just been out in La Plagne. We stayed in the centre in a chalet hotel right on the slopes with ski in ski out which was great! The weather was fantastic and considering they haven't had much snow this season, the conditions were fantastic - I'am and intermediate / advanced boarder and found it great - not much to go on off piste but having been there in past years I know there are some great secret spots on the mountain!

Expensive to eat and drink but not as bad as other resorts like Tignes Val and Courchevel. We found Scotty's early on in our stay which is the busy English bar in the Centre. Really great classic food and good service, also some amazing bands in the nights with a ski raffle as well - although I didn't win that one!

I would definitely recommend the resort for all levels of skiing and I'll definitely be going back next year!