Ski France

La Plagne Resort Reviews

Ski France

La Plagne Resort Reviews

FrLa Plagne

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for La Plagne Ski Resort

• March 24, 2013
    from United Kingdom

Just returned from our first skiing holiday in La Plagne and would definitely recommend this resort. Lots of blue/ red runs, wide and long. Plenty of coffee stops. Ideal for a relaxed intermediate skier.
    We will be returning !

• February 06, 2013
    from United Kingdom

i would also like to add support to the La Plagne fan club. We have been for the last five years. We were there last March when snow was not at it's best: slushy in afternoons and a little icy in morning. Had to get up early and ski when snow was at it's best. Hey, they could not help the fact it was 20 above. This Jan: 20 below, snow fantastic and has been great on every other occasion. Going back in March again this year. Whatever the weather we will enjoy our holiday.

• January 11, 2013
    from United Kingdom

I would just like to add my support to the admirers of La Plagne. Admittedly the night life is not the best, especially if you want to go clubbing till the early hours, but there are plenty of friendly bars, and if you make the effort the locals are very friendly. Skiing wise, most of the resort is ski-in ski-out, even for novices. Plenty of piste skiing available for beginners and intermediates, and for the advanced there is a massive amount of off-piste in the area. We first skied here as a family 18 years ago, and I am still finding or being shown new off-piste routes. With the link to Les Arcs the Paradiski area is massive - you would struggle to ski all the pistes in a week's holiday. There are several excellent independent ski schools - notably Oxygene, and my own favorite: Reflex. I have skied and still ski other areas, but of all the 20 or so resorts I have visited, I still prefer La Plagne. We have just finished another excellent week in resort, and look forward to my next visit.

• January 01, 2013
    from United Kingdom

I can only endorse what another reviewer has said. I skied La Plagne in April '12, skiing over from Les Arc on 3 occasions. Snow conditions were marvellous. I have had 3 ski holidays based in La Plagne and have booked for 2013. I have skied since 1969 and have 3 ski holidays each season, usually January, March and April. In that time I have experienced a wide variety of conditions, surprisingly the poorest conditions and service have been at Christmas and New Year and luckily only once as described in the comment 'turn back now'. I am so looking forward to skiing in La Plangne again, although sadly it will signal the end of another season.

• September 10, 2012
    from United Kingdom

Always enjoyed the skiing in La Plagne, both as family and before the kids came along. Loads of skiing for all levels although advanced on-piste is limited - but most of us are intermediate, and the truly advanced want to be off-piste. Lots of info on all the pistes at plagne.co.uk.
    As to other comments on the snow conditions, would certainly say that April 2011 was slushy in La Plagne but really pleased we were there rather than almost any other resort! Our then 10 year old went back to school saying we had the best conditions in Europe: probably true but might not have pleased any skiing class mates!

• July 21, 2012
    from United Kingdom

I honestly can't for the life of me think why someone would post a review like one I have read here.

Turn back now. La Plagne has turned to slush with only the people who've spent far too much money trying to justify it to themselves and anyone else who'll listen. Found 1 decent red which has now been closed all week, otherwise it's icy and bumpy.

Why would you post such absolute nonsense? I was in La Plagne all season from December 2011 until late April 2012 and witnessed one of the best seasons for snowfall in recent memory, fantastic conditions across the French Alps from the incredible snowfall amounts in December and January right up until the heavy snowfalls which came in April. To say La Plagne was slushy, icy and bumpy is outrageous. Maybe during warmer days when the sun was at it's strongest the pistes would soften to sugary spring snow, possibly slushy on the lowest elevation but that's the same everywhere during spring in the Alps. Some days it's sunny and warm other days winter returns and we wake to find a fresh blanket of deep, fluffy snow. Posting such a negative review is neither helpful or necessary.

Snowsports are meant to be fun, maybe they are best enjoyed by people who can find joy in life and the world we live in.

La Plagne is a fantastic resort with a great snow record, fantastic pistes, something to suit everyone and a laid back attitude to go with it.

I'll certainly be back.

[note from the editor: name of other reviewer deleted for sake of anonymity]

• May 03, 2012
    from United Kingdom

A bit late now for this season, but I have just got back from an end of season trip to La Plagne and thanks to some heavy snowfall experienced some of the best skiing ever, both on and off-piste. With knee deep spring powder everywhere and no-one around April is still one of the best times to take your ski holiday - oh and La Plagne was fabulous.

• April 07, 2012

• March 17, 2012
    from Netherlands

Just got back (4 hours ago) from a fantastic skiing week. I've been going there on holiday for the last 8 or more years, but the weather was never as great as this year. Typical spring snow, good but icy (hard) piste condition in the morning and slushy on most pistes in the afternoon.

• March 01, 2012
    from France

Just had a fantastic week skiing in La Plagne, a great resort with some interesting & vast domain .
    Stayed at a gem of a chalet in Macot La Plagne, took just 9 mins to drive to the lifts & had a great time at the chalet with Mechelle the host, wonderful, tasty & filling meals & the chalet is very sweet & beds comfortable, cleanliness top marks, will be returning to the Chalet Le Roux & La Plagne, low prices with great service, good resort & had plenty of fun & sun.