Krvavec Resort Reviews
1 pm 30 Apr 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Krvavec at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Krvavec Ski Resort
January 31, 2014
Tom Brain from United Kingdom
Been going to Krvavec for the last 10 years now, and yes, although the skiing is limited, in comparison to French, Austrian, Italian and American resorts, it is ideal for kids, which is the main reason we went in the 1st place.The big bonus is that, from the airport to our self catering accommodation in Cerkle(?), it takes 7 minutes by car, and 5 minutes from our accommodation to the gondola, so no 4 or 5 hour transfers!! We have always found the rental ski equipment and the ski school 1st class. In fact, one of the ski instructors is the ladies national team instructor and he is superb!! Brilliant value for money and the tobogganing on the Saturday and Sunday nights (1630 onwards) is hilarious, watching the kids having a ball with a gluhwein in hand!!
Overall: 3.6. Based on 8 votes and 7 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Krvavec.
Public Transport: 4.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Krvavec, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Krvavec, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.2
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.2
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Krvavec.
Ski in/Ski out: 3.9
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Krvavec, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Krvavec is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Krvavec relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.6
(1) There are no snow groomers at Krvavec, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Krvavec are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Krvavec is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.5
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Krvavec, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.4
(1) Krvavec usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.4
(1) The staff at Krvavec are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Krvavec are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.7
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.5
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.5
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Krvavec has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Krvavec, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Krvavec, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Krvavec, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Krvavec has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.7
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.2
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.3
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 2.9
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.9
(1) Overall, Krvavec is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.9
(1) Overall, Krvavec is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
December 28, 2009
Guy Pocock from United Kingdom
We went to Krvavec ski resort on 26th / 27th December 09 and had a fabulous 2 days of skiing. Vogel had suffered the worst floods in years, (135mm of rain at 1550m resort height) so our planned week holiday was all but washed out! Luckily Krvavec was only a 1 hour taxi ride away, so we were able to salvage two days of enjoyable Intermediate skiing at the end of the holiday.
The resort is pretty much as described in the Snow-Forecast resort review, the only vital piece of information that is missing is that Krvavec is only a 15 minute taxi ride away from Ljlbjana airport, so with a 3.30pm Easyjet flight home on the 27th we were able to enjoy 4 hours skiing before heading off!... A holiday saver.... So if you plan a holiday in the various Slovenian resorts, it is worth trying out in the morning before you head off home!!
The ski-hire shop (Intersport at the top of the gondola) were very helpful, with good equipment - infact during our stay in Vogel and Krvavec we found all the locals were absolutely charming and very eager to help whenever they could.
In summary, Krvavec ski resort is well worth a visit, it enjoys almost full piste cover with snow canons, so is pretty much guaranteed skiing from 20th December to late March.
August 27, 2009
tony croxley from United Kingdom
Went to try out Krvavec for a day and went straight back for a second. It's limited by many resort standards but is a good size for Slovenia. I reckon it's a great place for the kids to learn (much better than Kranjska Gora) with some good long easy blues for them to progress to. My five year old had no problems. There is enough for the whole family to get something out of it. Krvavec is just that bit higher than other resorts (Kanin excepted) so snow conditions are likely to be pretty good. Still plenty of snow when we were there in early April 09. Krvavec suits beginners and intermediates. It also has a good atmosphere. There are several bars on the pistes. All in all I was very impressed. I went on a weekday and am told it can get pretty busy at weekends as locals from the capital flock to it. TC
February 01, 2008
Graham Meigh from United Kingdom
Good, if limited, skiing. Worth hanging around at the end of the day to watch the sun set with a hot wine in hand.
If you hire skis, be careful. The staff in the hire shop get a little flustered and we have had several sets with poorly adjusted bindings.
January 17, 2007
Simon Philpott from United Kingdom
As an absolute beginner I found the ski-school at Krvavec a gentle introduction and enjoyed it immenseley. Stayed in Ljubljana which is only 30 minutes from the slopes. Just wish they could have had more snow!
January 14, 2007
wayne murphy from United Kingdom
I would agree with Tom - well worth a visit. I've been a couple of times for a day and it's never been busy compared to other nearby resorts.
January 04, 2007
Tom from Slovenia
I would say, that this is the best skifield of slovenia.