- Other resorts in Rep. of Macedonia are reporting: powder (0) | good piste (0)
- Get e-mail snow alerts for Kozuf
- Print this forecast
Visitor reviews for Kozuf Ski Resort
November 26, 2011
B.P. from Macedonia
The new road to Kozuf Mountain Resort has been finished and it will be in use this winter.
Please drive carefully!
See you on the slopes this winter!!
[note from editor: any links can be placed within our Facebook pages - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14456580724]
Based on 7 votes. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Kozuf.
Public Transport: 2.6
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Kozuf, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Kozuf, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.3
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.3
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Kozuf.
Ski in/Ski out: 3.6
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Kozuf, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Kozuf is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Kozuf relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.9
(1) There are no snow groomers at Kozuf, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Kozuf are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Kozuf is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.7
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Kozuf, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.5
(1) Kozuf usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.0
(1) The staff at Kozuf are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Kozuf are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 2.8
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 3.0
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.7
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Kozuf has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Kozuf, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.3
(1) Not even a kicker at Kozuf, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Kozuf, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Kozuf has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.3
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.3
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.2
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.8
(1) Overall, Kozuf is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.7
(1) Overall, Kozuf is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
Based on 7 votes. Vote
January 24, 2011
Eric from Germany
Kozuv is a wonderful place to visit. It is absolutely beautiful and a 'must see' destination. Ski Kozuf will fascinate you with it's broad and expansive slopes.
The slopes of the mountain Kozuf is one of the most natural reserves of game in the Republic of Macedonia - Milisin, situated on 300 hectares of beech and oak forest. A reconstruction of villages Konsko and Huma, indicate opportunities for promotion of rural tourism.
March 20, 2010
Maki from Macedonia
Definitivno na 20 Mart da ima 2 metri sneg e nesto prekrasno. Kozuf ke bide vo slednata sezona br. 1 SKI CENTAR vo Makedonija. Vreme prekrasno, sonce, ski pateki super, nema guzva i cekanje na zicarata - toa e pravoto za super skijanje.
Slednata sezona koga ke bide dovrsen glavniot pat ke bide preubavo. I sega ne e loso, ako pazat vozacite?
Pozdrav, se gledame i sledniot vikend. Ova e raj na Balkanot.
February 14, 2010
Stojan Trpovski from Macedonia
Dali e patot dobar od gevglija do skijaskiot centar,i kade moze da se otspie nekolku dena?
March 09, 2009
skiboardordie from Macedonia
Den: Sabota 7 mart,
Patekite se odlicno podgotveni, sneg ke ima uste 1-2 nedeli sigurno, skijanje dodeka mozes da stois :)
P.S. "Zelen breg" so "Ceripasina" dvete najdobri pateki vo Makedonija. Samo ovaa vtorava ostana mislovna imenka...
February 07, 2009
Irena from Macedonia
Vo petokov bev na Kozuf, stazite besprekorno sredeni, sneg poveke od dovolno, vremeto idealno, uslugata na najvisoko nivo. Stazata pod 6-to sedot e mnogu podobra od onaa na Mavrovo. Definitvno br.1 ski centar vo MK.
January 20, 2009
Daniel D from Macedonia
Bev za Vodici na Kozuf so spienje vo novite apartmani na ski centarot,prvo me iznenadi ljubeznosta na personalot vo apartmanite(HOT-HOT) kukicki top skroz novi i banja toplo vnatre,i spremnosta na site vraboteni vo SkiKozuf da se pomogne vo bilo koe vreme pocnuvajki od kancelarijata vo Skopje pa se do site zaposleni na samite pateki i zicarata,se na se odlicno i samo taka da prodolzat,pozdrav od Daniel,Olivera,Bojan i Vesna .Kozuf 18 i 19 Januari 2009
December 21, 2008
Oliver from Macedonia
Samo sto slegnav od Kozuf.Denes ima obilni vrnezi od sneg.I sto mislite deka se sluci.Go zatvorija patot oti snegot gi iznenadil!!!!!(Balkanska rabota).Inace od Gevgelija do Kozuv moze i ke stignete ako ne pogodete nekoja odroneta karpa po patot.Prekrasni prirodni resursi sto nekoj treba da gi pripitomi na kulturen nacin.Inace sega za sega e BALKANSKA RABOTA..Se gledame vo Bansko,Bugarija.....
October 24, 2008
Iko from Macedonia
Najposle, patot se PRAVI!!! Ke bide mnogu dobro ovaa ski sezona.
February 27, 2008
goran from Macedonia
bev za vikendot tamu, ke bide dobro za nekoja godina - samo patot da go napravat
January 20, 2008
Nekoj from Macedonia
Kozuf ima ogromen potencijal koj sto do prva treba da se iskoristi. Vo momentov ne e iskoristeno ni 10% od toj potencijal. Treba da bideme srekni dokolku vo narednite 5 godini celiot proekt narecen "ski centar KOZUF" bide zavrsen. Togas toa ke bide najdobriot ski centar na Balkanot a i posiroko. Vo ovoj moment Mavrovo e No.1 vo Makedonija. Pozdrav
January 08, 2008
riki from Macedonia
1 METAR SNEG TOA STVARNO KE BIDE BROJ 1NA SVET