Kirchdorf Resort Reviews
12 pm 21 Feb 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Kirchdorf at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Kirchdorf Ski Resort
February 11, 2013
John & alexa from Ireland
Third time in Kirchdorf.
Great for beginners, loads of other areas for advanced skiers too.
If you are unsure of where to go for the first time skiing look no further, this is it.
Overall: 4.2. Based on 3 votes and 6 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Kirchdorf.
Public Transport: 4.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Kirchdorf, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Kirchdorf, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.7
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 4.7
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Kirchdorf.
Ski in/Ski out: 5.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Kirchdorf, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Kirchdorf is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Kirchdorf relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 5.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Kirchdorf, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Kirchdorf are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Kirchdorf is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 5.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Kirchdorf, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.7
(1) Kirchdorf usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 5.0
(1) The staff at Kirchdorf are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Kirchdorf are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 5.0
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 5.0
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.3
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Kirchdorf has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Kirchdorf, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 1.7
(1) Not even a kicker at Kirchdorf, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Kirchdorf, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Kirchdorf has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.7
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 4.0
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 4.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.7
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.7
(1) Overall, Kirchdorf is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.7
(1) Overall, Kirchdorf is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
February 06, 2011
Pat & She Barclay from United Kingdom
This is our second time at Kirchdorf and yet again we had a wonderful time. It was surprising how many friends we met up with. What a lovely surprise it was to see everyone again, and it just made our week so much better.
The ski schule is brilliant and I'm pleased to say the instructors do have bags of patience.
We stayed at the same hotel as we did last year and was given the same superb welcome from Georg and Elke. We will certainly be going back again next year and looking forward to seeing everyone again and relaxing in our fave hotel. xxx
January 25, 2011
karl jennings from United Kingdom
What a lovely place.
The ski school at Kirchdorf is great and very helpful if you have little ones.
Only has 2 lifts but great for beginners and people who don't want too much drama.
The ski school puts a show on every Tuesday night which is great fun and there's a bit of night skiing.
The area pass covers a group of ski resorts and there is much more challenging terrain.
We found Kirchdorf great fun for a few days then took the free bus to Steinplatte or Feberium.
Accommodation is good locally and food is not over the top. Enjoy.
December 04, 2006
Graham from United Kingdom
This year is our 15th year in Kirchdorf having tried other resorts in Austria, we keep comming back. Pension Tasma is home from home and you will find a warm welcome throughout the village. The ski school is second to none and the village slopes cater for all ages and abilities for the first few days. With free public transport and one lift pass which covers the whole area, you can ski 650km of piste. St Johann, Kitzbhuel, Steinplatte and Fieberbrun all within 15mins. Snow record excellent particularly at Steinplatte mostly North facing.
The village is quiet with limited entertainment, however, for a £5.00 taxi fare St Johann can provide all the entertainment you like. Our verdict, WONDERFULL!
March 24, 2005
Susan Allen from United Kingdom
I have just returned from one weeks skiing in Kirchdorf and had a marvellous time - the snow and weather conditions were fantastic - our ski instructor said it was the best week of the season. The town itself is very quite no bars or cake shops as such! There is a wonderful wellness centre for after ski saunas and massages and outside swimming pool looking up at the mountain range. There is plenty of skiing for 2 days at Kirchdorf, there are only T-bars at this resort, as I am an intermediate skier I went on to ski at St Johan and Steinplatter easy to reach by ski bus -which have chairlifts - gondalar - no T-bars! there you have open runs - not many people so you can have lots of fun - I accidently skied into Germany!! I would recommend this resort - if skiing is not for you - there are buses to St Johan and Kitshbuel for looking at churches, monuments and shops and to sit and have a coffee and watch the world go by. I would recommend this resort - it is very friendly and there is a good nursery facilities for children and excellent ski school for all levels. My ski instructor was Thomas who made it a very challenging week and lots of fun. 10 out of 10 for me.
January 10, 2005
Richard from United Kingdom
Great place for beginners and the pass you get allows you to ski 10 other resorts so enough terrain for the most advanced with Free buses shuttling you from place to place. Would highly recommend!