Harwood Common Resort Reviews
5 am 23 Mar 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Harwood Common at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Harwood Common Ski Resort
December 10, 2011
Geoff Lloyd from United Kingdom
Please note the website link on the info page (click "Ski Resort Guide" on the forecast page) is the official one. There is also the facility to be added to the snow alert e-mail service by request to email@example.com
Harwood Common Ratings
Overall: 2.6. Based on 1 vote and 4 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Harwood Common.
Public Transport: 3.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Harwood Common, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Harwood Common, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Harwood Common.
Ski in/Ski out: 2.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Harwood Common, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Harwood Common is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Harwood Common relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 2.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Harwood Common, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Harwood Common are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Harwood Common is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 1.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Harwood Common, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Ski Schools: 1.0
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Ski Pass Value: 4.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (Global): 3.0
(1) Overall, Harwood Common is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
March 02, 2009
Hugh Everett (Wilmslow, UK) from United Kingdom
There is an unofficial website for Harwood Common. It's details include the exact grid location and a contact telephone number. You can find this on the 'landing page' for Harwood Common at www.snow-forecast.com
February 02, 2008
Onemanmows from Afghanistan
It's on the B6277 at the top end of Teesdale just before the county boundary between Durham and Cumbria. It's only about 3 miles from Yad Moss. You can actually see the top of the Yad Moss Poma from the Harwood tows.
It's good old fashioned North Pennine skiing - outside loo, basic shelter and 2 rope tows around 500m in length. The slopes are grassy and so don't need much snow cover. Along with Allenheads, it's probably the most beginner-friendly. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a website so it's hard to tell if they take day members.
November 13, 2007
jonsey from United Kingdom
Where the hell is this place, the location on the map is for Manchester or Bolton. Although there are some high places up near Bolton, I don't think this place exists. Please can someone confirm???