- Other resorts in France are reporting: powder (1) | good piste (0)
- Get e-mail snow alerts for Greolieres Les Neiges
- Print this forecast
Visitor reviews for Greolieres Les Neiges Ski Resort
November 05, 2012
George Ferns from France
Great wee resort after a dump, can ski powder all day midweek' views to make you weep!
Greolieres Les Neiges Ratings
Based on 5 votes. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Greolieres Les Neiges.
Public Transport: 2.5
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Greolieres Les Neiges, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Greolieres Les Neiges, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 2.6
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 1.6
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Greolieres Les Neiges.
Ski in/Ski out: 2.6
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Greolieres Les Neiges, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Greolieres Les Neiges is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Greolieres Les Neiges relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.5
(1) There are no snow groomers at Greolieres Les Neiges, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Greolieres Les Neiges are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Greolieres Les Neiges is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.8
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Greolieres Les Neiges, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 2.6
(1) Greolieres Les Neiges usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.8
(1) The staff at Greolieres Les Neiges are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Greolieres Les Neiges are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.2
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.2
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 2.8
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Greolieres Les Neiges has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Greolieres Les Neiges, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Greolieres Les Neiges, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Greolieres Les Neiges, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Greolieres Les Neiges has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 2.4
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 1.6
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.2
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 2.8
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.2
(1) Overall, Greolieres Les Neiges is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.3
(1) Overall, Greolieres Les Neiges is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
Based on 5 votes. Vote
March 25, 2010
GRIZZLY from France
Hey! Don't forget that Greolieres (Greolieres Les Neiges) offers also the greatest field of cross-country ski of the south east of France: 30 km of tracks, with the sun: too fine not?
Living at Nice, I go there as often as possible.
February 02, 2010
Robert from France
Lets put things right! Greoliere (Greolieres Les Neiges) is not the biggest resort. It doesn't have the most snow. However, it is the closest & often (especially during the weekdays) the least crowded resort of the SofF.
I've been going there since I was 4 years old and it holds a special place in my heart, as it does for all the locals from the villages around Grasse.
There are plenty of pistes at Greoliere (Greolieres Les Neiges) to keep you going for half a day or a full day if you like to take it easy.
The pass is cheaper, the drive shorter & when it has just snowed, the hors piste is as good as Auron & probably better than Isola minus the dangers.
December 18, 2008
Anthony Ellard from United Kingdom
Greolieres (Greolieres Les Neiges) is a place to go to for a weekend or a day to say that you've stood with your skis on your feet, standing in snow, looking down at the French Riviera. The views are unparralled! As for the skiing; fine for intermediates for a weekend but nothing more.