Ski Lebanon

Mzaar Ski Resort Resort Reviews

• Weather Forecast for Mzaar Kfardebian at  m altitude issued: 7 am24 Feb 2017 (local time)
Ski Lebanon

Mzaar Ski Resort Resort Reviews

LeMzaar Ski Resort

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Mzaar Ski Resort Ski Resort

• January 03, 2015
    from Lebanon

I love Kfardebian! The big name of the resort is Mzaar Kfardebian. There is nothing here in the resort called Faraya. Faraya village is near Kfardebian and there is no ski resort therein called Faraya. People are lying to make you lost. We love Mzaar Kfardebian.

[note from the editor: text altered slightly for the sake of relevance.]

• December 10, 2013
    from United States

No matter what you could think of the slopes, maintenance or condition on certain days (people need to accept it's not a strong asset in the region, at least for now), these slopes offer a different splendid experience, an unexpected adventure, amazing scenery, and a lot of sunshine most of the days.
    it's definitely not an olympic venue in its current condition, but certainly as attractive in its own way.

• February 17, 2013
    from Lebanon

Your weather predictions have been completely off this year unlike previous years
    It is now snowing in Faraya and yet you are indicating sunshine?

• February 12, 2013

This resort is OK.

So far this year, there was only one major storm so snow has been sort of icy.

They are not good with grooming the slopes so that makes the rides bumpy. Lots of snow mobiles which should be illegal.

Some lifts are out of date but, make no mistake, Cedars are a lot more primitive!

OK if there is good snow, very crowded on weekend.

• January 02, 2013
    from Lebanon

I have previously been very critical of Faraya. A few things have changed to the positive now. The road is clearer and buses are no longer allowed to drive to the slopes. The road to Wardeh is larger and this also will help alleviate the traffic. Two new chairlifts are in place, one in Wardeh with a 4 seater and the old one was moved next to the Mzaar. This will help when crowded.

Now, with this good news, one has to beware that avoiding Faraya during or right after a snow storm is safer. Security on the slopes is still far from ideal. Skiers coming full speed in your back just like on the highway is common. So if you have kids have them ski in front of you and always wearing a helmet.

On a clear day drive early and leave early; you will get the best out of you ski day.

Drive from Kfardebiane road and go through Fakra to avoid tricky icy turns.

Rent at Maison du ski they still have the best equipment and decent service.

As for the rest, the sun is often out there and you can ski in the morning, have lunch on the seaside, take a nap in the afternoon and hit the night life later on in smoke free resto and bars.

Good improvements overall.

Freerider as always.

• December 31, 2012
    from Lebanon

Mzaar Kfardebian : I would like to congratulate you guys for such accuracy, such dedication and such great reliable staff and management. No wonder this is the best resort in Lebanon/Middl East.

• May 16, 2012
    from Lebanon

Well, as usual we need to hear from others that our country is great.
    As usual we are good at nothing but criticizing ourselves.
    Where are all the complaints now?
    I bet each and every one of you would wait a whole day in the traffic or unmanaged slopes as you say just to ride one last time, but alas the snow is gone.
    I bet you are greatly happy with the rocky slopes now and I hope you would stop that nonsense the next season.
    If not please spare us the nagging and let all the tourists who appreciate our country more than we do come and ski with us.
    Until next season..

• April 19, 2012
    from United States

Yes... Mzaar. I see the endless complaints by the locals about .... well, about everything! I see one reviewer complaining about plastic surgery, I see another telling us it should be operated as a public service like a bus line, another thinks it's expensive... on and on and on. Remarkable, is it not, that visitors, from all parts of the globe, are more appreciative of the opportunity to ski on fresh deep natural snow? With that in mind, this review is best suited to non-lebanese and/or travellers. I live in the middle east (Jordan this year) and have only been once to Mzaar, weekday with my fam (3 kids). The service, standards, and equipment are on a par with most ME situations: Damascus, Egypt, Amman, Morroco, Qatar, Yemen, etc... Dubai doesn't count. Weak infrastructure, mediocre to poor logistics/planning by management. But! Great snow, decent grooming, great prices (you want expensive - try Les Arcs, or Alta, or Whistler), and great people. Snack stuff available on the slopes 'chalet-style', and you can know the whole thing out in about 2 days. Great/unusual views. It's nice to have a skiing option in the region - it's a luxury. Like everything else y'all complain about - take it to the source. Complaining here won't help.

[note from the editor: the names of other reviewers have been deleted as we prefer not to personalise responses]

• March 27, 2012
    from Lebanon

I posted before but it seems our viewers are typical locals who are happy with mediocrity. It's close to the city, we have snow, it's ok let's not complain and live with it. Unfortunately, this is what is being done and said at all levels. We accept the conditions and that's why nothing improves.
    I used to go to the so called 5 star hotel at Mzaar. It was acceptable 10 years ago but look at it now!
    Wake up my friends.

[note from the editor: edited for absolute relevance.]

• March 27, 2012
    from United Arab Emirates

We just came back from 5 gorgeous days of skiing at Mzaar. This is my 5th time there and I'm sure I'll be going again.
    To all the critics: Stop being negative and look at the bright side, we are in the middle east surrounded by deserts, there shouldn't even be snow here, but by some miracle we have this mountain in the middle of a hot, dry region with enough snow to make great skiing possible. I've skied in France, Switzerland and Italy and while the facilities in Mzaar are a little more basic, it's REALLY not that bad in comparison. During the week you have the slopes almost to yourself and it gets busy at the weekends with people crowding at the chairlifts, but it's no worse than the pushing and crowding anywhere in Europe. The resort is literally less than an hour away from the airport.. I left my house at 7am in Dubai, at 1pm I had checked in to the hotel, got my skiing gear and was already on the slopes.
    Yes, there are people with attitudes in Lebanon and lots of fat men with cigars, and plastic women, but please try to see the humour and look at it as part of the entertainment, it is quite funny! On the other hand the Lebanese do know how to party, the food is great and there's nothing like the tasty mountain Manakish! Finally, we had our 9 month old girl with us, the staff at the hotel and everywhere for that matter were absolutely wonderful with her, we even felt we could leave her at the ski shop for the staff to baby sit her while I and my wife got a couple of hours of skiing together!
    We'll be back!