Falakro Ski Resort
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Falakro Ski Resort Ski Resort
February 24, 2012
falakro from Greece
The Best Ski Center in Greece!!
Falakro Ski Resort Ratings
Overall: 3.3. Based on 19 votes and 10 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Falakro Ski Resort.
Public Transport: 2.5
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Falakro Ski Resort, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Falakro Ski Resort, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.7
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.6
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Falakro Ski Resort.
Ski in/Ski out: 2.8
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Falakro Ski Resort, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Falakro Ski Resort is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Falakro Ski Resort relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.9
(1) There are no snow groomers at Falakro Ski Resort, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Falakro Ski Resort are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Falakro Ski Resort is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.6
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Falakro Ski Resort, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.4
(1) Falakro Ski Resort usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.9
(1) The staff at Falakro Ski Resort are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Falakro Ski Resort are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.9
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.0
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.8
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Falakro Ski Resort has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Falakro Ski Resort, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.6
(1) Not even a kicker at Falakro Ski Resort, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Falakro Ski Resort, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Falakro Ski Resort has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.3
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.1
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.9
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.8
(1) Overall, Falakro Ski Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.8
(1) Overall, Falakro Ski Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
February 18, 2012
Costas from Greece
Falakro this season is really blessed with tonnes of powder! The personnel are doing an excellent job to provide access on the mountain as well as grooming the slopes! However, there are specific spots on the road that are most of the times under patches of snow.
September 06, 2010
konstantinos 2211 from Greece
I totally agree that the piste map for Falakro Oros is very bad.
Despite the poor snow this year (the western ski resorts were better) Falakro Oros is one of the best places for skiing in Greece.
March 21, 2010
hijui from Greece
Falakro Oros is one of the best resorts in Greece. This season it has, sadly, lacked a good snow cover. Lifts are very new and there are ski runs for everyone. Falakro is mostly visited by day travellers.
Falakro also sits in a good sunny position so that you can enjoy a nice skiing day.
For more information I too can really suggest visiting the website.
The only minor problem I once had there is getting confused with the piste map, because it is not really clear which runs go upwards and which dowmwards (same at Vasilitsa)
December 22, 2009
Snowman from Greece
Official website with up-to-date announcements at falakro.gr.
Webcams and live weather at falakro.meteodrama.gr.
December 17, 2006
akis from Greece
super resort........especially if the sun is out.
April 15, 2006
Dimitris Papadimitriou from Greece
Visit http://www.skifalakro.gr for more information!
December 30, 2005
Paulo Goncalves from United Kingdom
Resort with excellent conditions, currently catering mostly to greek people that visit for the day.
3 shops where you can rent your equipment, the hotel (youth hostel style) and also a few cafeterias.
Access by road is excellent and the resort is in a valley, so the lifts extend to all slopes.