- Other resorts in Iran are reporting: powder (0) | good piste (0)
- Get e-mail snow alerts for Darbandsar
- Print this forecast
Visitor reviews for Darbandsar Ski Resort
April 01, 2012
mohammad bolookat from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Darbandsar is a beautiful village with kind people. It's ski region is wide and equipped. Security is moderate and hotelling is weak! Access road is small but very beautiful. من عاشق دربندسر هستم
Based on 20 votes. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Darbandsar.
Public Transport: 2.9
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Darbandsar, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Darbandsar, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.3
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.6
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Darbandsar.
Ski in/Ski out: 3.1
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Darbandsar, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Darbandsar is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Darbandsar relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.8
(1) There are no snow groomers at Darbandsar, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Darbandsar are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Darbandsar is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.5
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Darbandsar, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.7
(1) Darbandsar usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.7
(1) The staff at Darbandsar are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Darbandsar are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.7
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 3.9
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.7
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Darbandsar has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Darbandsar, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.9
(1) Not even a kicker at Darbandsar, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Darbandsar, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Darbandsar has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.9
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.6
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 2.9
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.5
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.5
(1) Overall, Darbandsar is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.9
(1) Overall, Darbandsar is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
Based on 20 votes. Vote
March 08, 2012
Ski lover from Iran, Islamic Republic of
The ski resort has cheerful slopes mostly not too crowded, in my opinion it's the best after Dizin ski resort (near to Tehran).
- Usually some slopes can be closed (partly) for competition or training (sometimes extremely annoying and unbearable)
- Inadequacy of lifts (long queues at peak hours)
- Lifts consist of only a platter lift and two chairlift not so comfortable especially the 2-man chair chairlift with no back pad causing backache (both of them need repairing)
- A little bit expensive for what you get compare to Dizin
I wish they finish the building of the new aerial tramway as soon as possible; this piste has the potential of being much better than what it is now.
February 25, 2012
lidamomeni from Iran, Islamic Republic of
i love Darbandsar.
February 20, 2012
Kamran kashani from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Darbandsar is a private resort, run by expert managers ( Papa Co.).
This proves how private sector is doing much better than government controlled resorts.
Every year we notice new improvements in the resort, i.e. next year we will have a gondola system in operation, increasing the lift capacity and skiing area of the resort. Also the snow making machines are going to make snow on the lower slopes, extending the ski season.
I thank all the managers of Papa company, and wish them more success in coming years.
September 28, 2011
Bozorgzadegan Amir from Iran, Islamic Republic of
What I saw yesterday in early autumn in Darbandsar resort, was different from others in area which is called Roodbar Ghasran. in spite of Dizin & Shemshak, which were slept hardly and quite strongly,during off-season!
Darbandsar was active and busy enough for it's new expansion..., Erecting related columns for new Telecabin, beside piping of snow making machines were under construction ...
Papa company has schedule to connect both resorts of Darbandsar & Dizin by two new Cabin and Siege in Darbandsar resort as its goal, accompanied with multi level parking to service skiers in these two resorts and reduce accidents taking place yearly by avalanche in no secure road between Shemshak & Dizin indeed...!!!
Hope succeed for all gentlemen in Papa co. specially most active ones like great Bandali & Blokat, ...
March 03, 2011
Bozorgzadegan Amir from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Darbandsar is amazing. It is mostly good for experts and intermediates.
In private resorts like Darbandsar (Papa co.) and Pooladkaf (Sepidan, Fars) you feel differences for change. While you won't have such a feeling in non-private pistes?! And there is not enough compassion. It seems those have been earned free of charge as a heir apparent from last regime, but actually depend on the nation, and are our assets.
February 08, 2011
Bozorgzadegan Amir from Iran, Islamic Republic of
After 4 years, I could start the season in sunny Darbandsar today with lots of snow, plus so many changes either on slopes or the restaurants (as well as the needed commodities stored in area for piping to supply water to snow makers).
New line gondola toward the south west of the resort to be started next season hopefully. That's why we can feel the change simply in private resorts same as Papa in Darbandsar and Pouladkaf in Sepidan, more obviously than other governmental resorts in country.
[Editor's note: the text has been edited to keep the information concise and relevant]
February 02, 2011
Mehrdad Soltanmohammadi from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Darbandsar skiing resort is in north mountains of Tehran (capital of Iran). Darbandsar is a name of scrumptious village which is very beautiful in four seasons. Skiing resort, in front of the village with good facilities in winter, welcomes skiers. This track has three branches with different slopes for the professional and tenderfoot skiers. I love this skiing resort because I had happy memories of there.
January 17, 2011
Javid Javdani from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Hi, Darbandsar is nice and not crowded of people. Ticket is 25$ from the first season of 2011. Not good for beginner, with little hard slope (more than Dizin) and if you have new ski, be careful of little stones (approximately most part of pistes) when Disin road is closed and Shemshak is not ready; the only choice.
February 20, 2010
Ali rajabi from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Darbandsar is the best ski resort in Iran.
January 09, 2010
pejman from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Pros for Darbandsar:
not crowded, even in weekends
great for intermediate to adv
the road and distance is not that bad
it's located before Shemshak and Dizin
long pistes can be around 1300-1500
Cons for Darbandsar:
very difficult for beginners,
(at least have 4-5 times ski experience before then hitting this mountain, mostly for lots of narrow road like path and hard slope)
small parking place
April 10, 2006
niki B. from Iran, Islamic Republic of
I love Darbandsar ski resort because it is not crowded even during high season!
If you like to ski continuously without losing the time on the row lines, that's the best choice! Not only for it's character, but for related high capacity of lifts on it's collection.
Darbandsar has a lack of accomodation and a low capacity of parking. But it is acceptable amongst the existing situation in this country! Especially when the road to Dizin closes because of avalanche and stones. It is the 2nd choice in Roodbare Ghasran area.
April 10, 2006
A. Bozorgzadegan from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Mon.10 Apr.2006, a sunny day !
DARBANDSAR is one of the best private slopes arround and near Tehran, just 60km away from capital. I am coming back home with related memories regarding ski on variable conditions! From ICE early in the morning to CREAM
during noon, excitment & marvelous(Ice-Cream)!
It is cheap as well as other slopes in Iran, and very friendly area.
Darbandsar has 5 lifts:(2 hammers for beginners, 1 surface, and 2 chairs for the top.)
It covers different levels of skillness from beginner to experts. So there is alot to enjoy.
Hope to see you there during the limited remains of the season...
March 11, 2006
AA-Moosavizadeh from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Darbandsar is a nice piste , which is near to Tehran and the access road to piste is very good.
It is a friendly piste with areas for advanced and beginners. There are very good teachers there to teach you ski.
The lift facilities include a skilift and two Hammer teleskis, one is new installed.