Nevados de Chillan Resort Reviews
8 pm 23 Mar 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Nevados de Chillan at m altitude issued:
Nevados de Chillan
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Nevados de Chillan Ski Resort
July 20, 2016
Roberto from Chile
Con mas de 25 años eskiando en lo que antes era Termas de Chillan (mis mejores tiempos de ski en este centro) a lo que es ahora Nevados de Chillan (mis peores años de ski en este lugar).
Como alguien dijo por ahí, si quieres ir a tomarte una foto con un fondo lindo o a tomar solo en una silla, este centro es bueno, pero si quieres ir a eskiar, que es lo que yo hago, recomendación no ir. De hecho hace dos años que ya no voy a este centro desde que me toco hacer una fila de mas de 45 minutos (tomados por reloj) para subir a la silla que me llevaba a la cumbre. A eso le sumamos las paradas constantes de los andariveles en uso, el cierre de las pistas superiores cuando hay poca demanda en la semana. Hace que ir a skiar a este lugar sea toda una aventura, no por la montaña, sino porque es una aventura saber si vas a lograr o no skiar finalmente.
Nevados de Chillan Ratings
Overall: 2.9. Based on 80 votes and 312 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Nevados de Chillan.
Public Transport: 2.4
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Nevados de Chillan, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Nevados de Chillan, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.2
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Nevados de Chillan.
Ski in/Ski out: 3.4
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Nevados de Chillan, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Nevados de Chillan is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Nevados de Chillan relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.3
(1) There are no snow groomers at Nevados de Chillan, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Nevados de Chillan are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Nevados de Chillan is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 1.8
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Nevados de Chillan, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.5
(1) Nevados de Chillan usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 2.6
(1) The staff at Nevados de Chillan are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Nevados de Chillan are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.4
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 3.3
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.7
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Nevados de Chillan has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Nevados de Chillan, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.1
(1) Not even a kicker at Nevados de Chillan, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Nevados de Chillan, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Nevados de Chillan has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 2.9
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.9
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 2.7
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 1.8
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 2.4
(1) Overall, Nevados de Chillan is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 2.4
(1) Overall, Nevados de Chillan is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
July 14, 2016
George Dellinger from United States
I have to agree with all the recent posts about Termas de Chillan. It could be a top rated mountain if it was maintained properly and given an improved infrastructure. Sadly, this place hasn't seen any love in a long time. The surrounding landscape is amazing. And there are great places to stay in Las Trancas; most notably Mission Impossible Lodge. The mountain itself is spectacular if you can get up on a working lift. There's really only one decent lift which is probably 40 years old. It doesn't run half the time because of lazy operators, or fibbing ones. The smallest wind and it shuts down. Could be raining at base and snowing up top but they still don't run it. Discounts on tkts when weather bad: forget it. Service at the restaurant: poor at best. Really sad because the first time we visited Chillan, 6 years ago, we fell in love with it. The weather was on our side, it snowed so much followed by warm brilliant sun. We hired a private guide who took us well beyond any lift accessed areas and we totally got to explore the best of the mountain. But this is rare now. Our next trips down were not so fortunate. We were so disappointed that we left early and went further down south. But if you go, you must stay at MI Lodge; an amazing experience and the most wonderful hosts with Bertrand and Mylise. I wish that a big ski resort would buy Termas de Chillan and give it what it deserves. Could be an amazing mountain. Stay up north and hit El Colorado , La Parva and Valle Nevado. El Colorado is where it's at. Great 'on the mountain' service too. They know what they're doing. Much better than Valle Nevado.
July 10, 2016
Alejandro Valenzuela from Chile
Es triste para los que amamos el ski ver como se ha desaprovechado por décadas la oportunidad de mejorar las condiciones que ofrece este lugar. No es coincidencia que todas las opiniones coicidan en el mal servicio. Mientras otros centros de ski mejoran en las Termas se mantiene con lo mínimo invirtiendo en infraestructura de najo costo, que no deja mas que pensar que solo se hace con un fin de negocio. Lo malo de esto es que cada vez menos personas llegan y los que vamos solo nos queda resignarnos. Fulas largas, andariveles viejos aun operando, estacionamientos que se cobran sin ningún sentido, mala atención del personal en canchas y restaurantes, cierre de pistas cuando hay poca gente con la excusa que hay viento, por mencionar algunas. Es de esperar que las personas que tienen la concesión cambien la forma de administrar a la chilena como se dice, da verguenza. Entre paréntesis llevo mas de 35 años esquiando en las Termas, aún cuando ahora vivo en santiago...... con todo esto sigue siendo mi centro debaki y da pena.
June 19, 2016
Gabriel Hughes from Chile
This sucks people; don't buy those sucky fake reviews the people from Nevados de Chillan have written in their resort page. Spend your money in ski resorts near Santiago like El colorado or Valle Nevado, or if you want something far from the capital city, you can go to Corralillo or any resort you like, even outside of chile, like the one in Bariloche (I don't know the name).
April 04, 2016
Anonimo from Chile
Con solo decir su nombre le doy publicidad a pesar de todo no vale la pena ir, pagas estacionamiento, los andariveles son rascas del año del pito por que no dejan de ser tan avarientos y colocan andariveles de verdad o esperan a que pase algún accidente para cambiarlo aunque lo dudo se llenan la boca de que son el mejor centro de ski de Chile cuando la verdad no le llegan ni a los talones de otros centros de ski, la atención es mala, los andariveles lentos, llega más gente de lo normal y se queda parado por varias horas y eso quien te lo repone ni un wn, por que, por que estos wnes quieren ganar y ganar eso es lo que pasa con las empresas grandes sólo son basura y claro como son los únicos en Chillán se creen con el derecho de cobrar lo que se les antoje, espero que lo tome la Municipalidad para que cambie la cosa yo diría que sacaran su lemita somos el mejor centro de ski, por somos el peor centro y te cobramos hasta por pisar el estacionamiento que tenemos los peores andariveles y de regalo cuando haya más gente se queda parado por varias horas, yo opino que así se veía mejor que verguenza por parte de ellos cuando podrían sacar el mejor provecho colocando cosas mejores, helicopteros, más entretención, renovando no colocando estupideces, más beneficios, como quieren ser el mejor si no escuchan para ser mejores, se nota que una manga de viejos cagados y sin vida y sólo se llenan la boca y sus bolsillos
March 06, 2016
Anonimo from Chile
Los pronósticos de Forecast en Nevados de Chillan el último año y medio han sido muy erráticos y no se pueden tomar como referencia para programar vacaciones, anticipar nevadas o heladas importantes. Yo vivo en las Trancas. Entonces Ojo que el clima es impredecible y mejor como decía Kung Fu esperar lo inesperado ... Gracias.
June 21, 2015
Rodrigo from Chile
People from other countries: do not believe the good reviews displayed in this website; some people from the resort write good reviews just to keep up with all the real bad reviews you can read here. Unless you like to hike, snowshoeing or split-boarding, do not spend your money here!
September 09, 2014
maria from Chile
Mixed days of rain and sun the days I was staying there. Generally, all excellent; we were well cared for. I had great days with very good conditions for snowboarding. Enjoyed some of the best mountains I've seen.
[note from the editor: text altered slightly to form good sentences in the English language.]
September 02, 2014
alex from Chile
Beautiful days in snowy Chillán; very improved in all senses. It was excellent.
August 25, 2014
rodrigo from Chile
People think differently regarding their enjoyment of a place. Very rewarding rest in snowy Chillán; the setting of the place is unique. Biodiversity is unique with marvellous landscapes. The stay is very pleasant for everyone visiting the mountain.