Cerler Resort Reviews
6 pm 19 Feb 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Cerler at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Cerler Ski Resort
January 20, 2017
alberto arasa from Spain
La mejor estacion de España para mi gusto, accesos por carreteras de montaña, muy curbeadas, es lo malo pero te vale la pena pasarlas, cuando llegas ves una estacion con mucho bosque y caminitos, pistas anchas y estrechas, tienes de todo, la pista mas larga de España con 9km seguidos y sobre todo no vas a tener que remar ya que tiene mucho desnivel, para que os hagais una idea, una negra de Formigal es una roja en Cerler, lo mas que he esperado para coger un remonte ha sido 1 minuto ya que esta muy bien distribuida en muchos telesillas, las mejores vistas de España a los picos: aneto, posets, maladeta y monte perdido, otra cosa que me encanta es que al ser los accesos tan malos no esta masificada y tiene el encanto de una estacion de ski alpìno pura, unico inconveniente, cuando sopla el aire (zierzo) algunos telesillas pueden estar cerrados en cotas altas, pocas veces ocurre pero vale la pena, consejo aparcar en cota 1500 y la ultima bajada hacer la 9km, hay mucho para ver desde basibe ( larga y medio ancha), gallinero (azules rojas y negras estrechas ), ampriu (zona de paso desde gallinero a basibe o cota 2000), cogulla (rojas azules super anchas ), rincon del cielo (rojas azules super anchas, camino entre pinos) y cota 2000 cafeteria principal y reunion de varias pistas y descenso hacia cerler 1500 y telesilla rincon del cielo (debuntantes y enlaces).
Si la probais repetireis sin duda,
No he estado en muchas estaciones, solo en Formigal, Panticosa, Piau Engaly, Saint Lary y Baquiera y desde luego es y seguira siendo mi estacion favorita.
Mi nivel es medio alto y la verdad llendo con esquis como voi te la gozas¡
Overall: 4.0. Based on 36 votes and 18 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Cerler.
Public Transport: 2.7
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Cerler, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Cerler, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.1
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.8
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Cerler.
Ski in/Ski out: 3.8
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Cerler, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Cerler is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Cerler relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.8
(1) There are no snow groomers at Cerler, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Cerler are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Cerler is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.4
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Cerler, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.2
(1) Cerler usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.3
(1) The staff at Cerler are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Cerler are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.4
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.7
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.8
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Cerler has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Cerler, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.8
(1) Not even a kicker at Cerler, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Cerler, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Cerler has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.8
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.3
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 4.5
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.3
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.7
(1) Overall, Cerler is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.6
(1) Overall, Cerler is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
November 29, 2009
Juan from Spain
The resort info it is not updated....Cerler has almost 70 km of marked runs, almost all the lift are fast 4-6 chairs, plenty of freeride and a wonderful tree skiing... [Editor - Thanks for mentioning this Juan, we will update it right away]
Ahh, and is it not busy....but don´t it to anybody...
March 17, 2006
jorge from Portugal
Hey everybody! I'm a young snowboarder writing from Portugal that really likes Cerler,it's excellent,I love it!It's a wonderful resort,really beautiful! But it's a resort for those who like freeriding, for those people it's an excellent resort, a lot of powder snow, nice tracks, nice drops..whatever, it's a really nice resort for those people that like big drops, some trees with a lot of powder snow!!Go try it..it's super dope!!!peace..snow4ever
November 20, 2005
João Lemos from Portugal
Hi everyone! I went in Cerler last year in 2004 in carnival with my young brother and my parents. It was the first time that I did real ski in a real ski resort, because I learned in Portugal on an artificial piste. At the Cerler resort, good snow, good tracks, good ski material, good hotels and apartments. I was there 5 days and those 5 days were excellent and when I got back to portugal I was yearning for Cerler. Probably I felt this because it was the first time I did "real" ski... We all loved being there and to all of you, if you want to go to Cerler, and have fun and good ski, go on, go to Cerler. I have done this comment at 20th November 2005 and this year I was in Andorra in Pal-Arinsal and in relation to these two ski resorts, I think Cerler is a very good ski resort too... Have a great time skiing, have fun, play good with everybody, to the next ski season 2005-2006.