Caspoggio Resort Reviews
7 pm 18 Oct 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Caspoggio at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Caspoggio Ski Resort
January 30, 2012
Phil Kelly from Australia
I first learned to ski in Caspoggio in January 1979.
There was around a meter and a half of snow, good conditions and not many people.
I think fondly of Caspoggio because I still love skiing, snow and mountains 33 years on from that first time, it was an ideal introduction.
I would rate the mountain winter scenery as the most beautiful I've seen.
One day I'll go back with my son.
Overall: 4.3. Based on 1 vote and 2 reviews. Vote
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Caspoggio, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 5.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 5.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Caspoggio.
Ski in/Ski out: 5.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Caspoggio is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Caspoggio relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 5.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Caspoggio, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Caspoggio are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Caspoggio is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Lift Staff: 5.0
(1) The staff at Caspoggio are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Caspoggio are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 5.0
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 5.0
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Caspoggio, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Caspoggio has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 5.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 1.0
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 5.0
(1) Overall, Caspoggio is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 5.0
(1) Overall, Caspoggio is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
October 12, 2008
Ian Wickham from United Kingdom
I thought I would put a review in here as Caspoggio is where I learned to ski back in 1977. My memories are that I stayed at the Hotel Kennedy and there was no snow. This was about the first week in January. The tour company which I think was a company called Swan shipped us all over the other side of the valley to a resort called Chiesa, where there was loads of the white stuff.
I remember it as a fantastic introduction to the localization of snow and skiing and I have been back in the summer. Nothing much has changed. A new cable car is in Chiesa and the hotel has changed names. Great times.