Candanchu Resort Reviews
12 pm 25 Mar 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Candanchu at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Candanchu Ski Resort
February 05, 2017
Daniel from Spain
Estoy leyendo comentarios que de verdad me dejan perplejo.
De donde se sacan algunos lo de bocadillo o bocadillo?
Lo de mala gestión?
No hay empresario en el mundo que monte un negocio para perder dinero, por lo que las inversiones llegarán cuando existan las condiciones necesarias para recuperar y en cuanto a la hosteleria, bocadillos hamburguesas, platos combinados, menús. No es suficiente?
El que quiera mas variedad, que se vaya a un centro comercial.
Por ejemplo al xanadu de madrid, que tiene pista de esquí.
Overall: 3.5. Based on 46 votes and 52 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Candanchu.
Public Transport: 3.3
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Candanchu, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Candanchu, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.8
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.8
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Candanchu.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.1
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Candanchu, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Candanchu is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Candanchu relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.6
(1) There are no snow groomers at Candanchu, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Candanchu are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Candanchu is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.6
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Candanchu, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.4
(1) Candanchu usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.7
(1) The staff at Candanchu are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Candanchu are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.9
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.1
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.0
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Candanchu has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Candanchu, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.4
(1) Not even a kicker at Candanchu, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Candanchu, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Candanchu has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.4
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.2
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.6
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.2
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.3
(1) Overall, Candanchu is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.3
(1) Overall, Candanchu is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
January 30, 2017
Mario from Spain
Es la primera vez que iba a esta estación, es muy pequeña y demasiados grupos de niños para aprender que son muy pesados colándose todo el rato, muy mal educados estos peques, por lo que las pistas verdes y azules es mejor evitarlas y eso que fui entre semana. El personal que trabaja en la estación de 10.
March 23, 2016
Ritxar from Spain
A favor: Excelentes paisajes y rincones; Unos fuera pistas de flipar cuando están en condiciones (Tubo Zapatilla, Loma Verde, bajada a Rioseta, las más destacables); buen precio; muy buena estación para iniciación; estación tranquila.
En contra: a veces escasa de nieve por su baja cota; algo anticuada en cuanto a maquinaria (les cuesta tener todas las pistas en condiciones); dificultad de aparcamiento en días de aglomeración; escasez de pistas fáciles para esquiadores que estén en el nivel de azules; a veces los servicios (taquillas, etc.) dejan que desear.
March 07, 2016
Nacho from Spain
Aunque era entre semana y nevó el día anterior abrieron la zona de la tuca y tesilla Juan Carlos. Había abierto solo un telesilla del Tobazo, pero eso no importa siendo entre semana y habiendo poca gente me parece mas que razonable para que sea sostenible. Es verdad que no hay desembragables pero de eso se queja mucha gente que esquia pocas horas, se cansa pronto y va parando cada 50 m en la pista. Mientras pueda estas abierta la estación por la nieve, un aplauso.
March 02, 2016
enrique from Spain
Una ruina. Si ni nieva no pues Deb abrir por falta de cañones. Y si nieva no pueden abrir todo Por falta de personal.
January 23, 2016
María from Spain
Candanchu sigue siendo una estación especial y me explico. Es verdadera alta montaña con pendientes que no encuentras en otras estaciones. Es divertida y variopinta. El paisaje impresionante.
Se adapta muy bien a otras modalidades de esquí como travesía, fondo o raquetas.
En cuanto se renueven algunos remontes será perfecta.