Camp Fortune Resort Reviews
1 am 26 Apr 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Camp Fortune at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Camp Fortune Ski Resort
Ski Resort Rating: Rate Camp Fortune
December 05, 2013
Lucas from Canada
Camp Fortune is a decent local hill only 25 minutes from Ottawa. It has some hits and misses, which I've outlined below:
- cheap passes and lift tickets
- close the city
- lift lines usually minimal in the evening (note that there is no high-speed lifts like a previous reviewer noted - just 4 quads, along with a triple and a t-bar that are barely ever open, and a magic carpet)
- on days with fresh snow, it usually doesn't get tracked because people in the area don't know how to ride powder. More for me!
- food and beer aren't too pricey
- pretty good snow making capacity, although it's older style equipment which needs cooler temps and can produce some icy snow
- Night skiing starts late (after x-max) and ends a couple of weeks before season-end;
- night-skiing lighting isn't sufficient in some areas and is a bit of hazard; I'm surprised they haven't fixed it
- the park usually has good features, but is often poorly maintained with sketchy landings
- some mid-day grooming might help keep the runs in good shape
Also note your elevations listed aren't right - I'm pretty sure the base is around 170 meters and top around 350 meters - around 180 meters of vertical.
(note from the editor: thanks for the info. I have checked the Camp Fortune website which states a top height of 590 ft and a base at 360 ft.)
January 18, 2008
Susan Bateman from Canada
Nestled on the mountainside near the quaint village of Chelsea, the slopes of Camp Fortune offer two sides of the mountain to ski on. The front side being the family fun zone where cruising intermediate and green runs funnel down to a high speed quad chair. The backside, known as skyline, offers steeper terrain for the advanced and expert skier. Challenge yourself down the steeps, or show off your skills under the lift line littered with rocks and drops.
Camp fortune offers a great Quebec ski experience for the whole family within a short drive from downtown Ottawa.