Brundage Mountain Resort Resort Reviews
10 pm 25 Feb 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Brundage Mountain Resort at m altitude issued:
Brundage Mountain Resort
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Brundage Mountain Resort Ski Resort
November 06, 2013
Fred from United States
Brundage Mountain is everything Colorado is not. No huge lift lines, no high priced atmosphere, no snobby people! Just good old fashioned skiing, on the best snow in Idaho! 350-400" annually...and it's awesome! They have one large chalet that pretty much does it all:great lunches, coffee bar, cool gift shop, awesome beers & food in Smokeys bar 7 restaurant, and the best homemade fudge brownies around! They offer an awesome ski school, which I have used in the past, and they are pros! They help you unload your gear from your car, they have staff that will go "out of their way" to assist you in anything you need, and they truly appreciate your patronage. Always a smile on the mountain staff workers! A fantastic place to bring your families to learn to ski or to just rip it up on their steep & deep runs! I have skied all over the US, and this is my place now. This year will make it my 11th season in a row to Brundage! I even purchased a season pass with my military discount...heck..I buy the entire family a pass! This is my mountain, pristine, magical, clean, breathtaking views. God did it right on this mountain! Brundage Mt is the place where my family skis. And I live in St Paul, MN!! I ski 60+ days a year, 15-20 are at Brundage mountain!
St Paul, MN
Brundage Mountain Resort Ratings
Overall: 3.3. Based on 7 votes and 4 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Brundage Mountain Resort.
Public Transport: 2.3
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Brundage Mountain Resort, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Brundage Mountain Resort, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.6
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.7
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Brundage Mountain Resort.
Ski in/Ski out: 2.3
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Brundage Mountain Resort, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Brundage Mountain Resort is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Brundage Mountain Resort relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Brundage Mountain Resort, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Brundage Mountain Resort are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Brundage Mountain Resort is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.1
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Brundage Mountain Resort, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.9
(1) Brundage Mountain Resort usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.6
(1) The staff at Brundage Mountain Resort are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Brundage Mountain Resort are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.7
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.2
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.0
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Brundage Mountain Resort has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Brundage Mountain Resort, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Brundage Mountain Resort, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Brundage Mountain Resort, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Brundage Mountain Resort has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 2.1
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 1.0
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 2.8
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.7
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.4
(1) Overall, Brundage Mountain Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.3
(1) Overall, Brundage Mountain Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
February 08, 2012
VB from United States
Brundage is a uniquely Idaho, family resort. If you are looking for a mega-resort ala Whistler, then go elsewhere or Sun Valley if staying in Idaho.
All that said, Brundage is great for the beginner to intermediate that is lapping groomers and offers some of the best tree skiing in the PacNW for the advanced skier looking off-piste. Great side country accessed to the North by hiking skier's left at the top of Bluebird quad and holds some inbounds 15'-25' cliffs in Hidden Valley for those that like "huck their meat".
The best part about Brundage is the snow and the ability to find untracked 2-3 days after a storm. 330" average per year with the every other year producing 380-400" seasons. 3 weekends a year there will be a crowd, 30+ skiers in a queue, but outside of those weekends you can ski on to the lift every time. Brundage is the heart and soul of what skiing once was, no gapers walking around an overbuilt village blowing a small fortune on designer "fart-bags".
January 21, 2012
Dale from United States
Brundage usually has the best snow in Idaho. The mountain is relatively small with fewer than average runs and is boring after a couple of days skiing. The Lodge is old and small. Customer service is nonexistant. They rely on the snow to bring in customers.
November 25, 2005
Bruce from United States
Small mountain that skis really big. 1800 foot vertical is a sustained pitch. Excellent snow. Lots of fun runs.