Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Brezovica Ski Resort
March 19, 2017
Brian from United States
Brezovica, in terms of the raw material (the mountains themselves), is awesome. As all have mentioned, the infrastructure is not like anything I have ever seen. It is impossible to know if/when the lift will run. I have gone four days this year, and one lift plus the rope tow have worked each of those times, but unpredictably. Sometimes, only for 2-3 hours. This last Friday, it was running for at least six hours straight which was amazing! You can always hike up. You can sometimes pay someone at the base for a snow mobile ride up and I am told there are cat services for free skiing. The terrain is really special-there are so many nooks and crannies in an around the pistes that you can get to without hiking-some really steep stuff, wide open stuff, thick glades at the bottom, spread out trees towards the top. Plus there are huge mountains with bowls, couloirs, glades, etc. in all directions, if you are willing to hike. Avalanches are a possibility, so be aware of this risk if you do start exploring. The parking area is tiny. There is an open garbage heap next to it with feral dogs. There are a bunch of bars/cafes at the base with hip-hop and techno. If you go, don't expect the lifts to work and if they do, bonus! The place is awful and awesome all at once!
Overall: 3.8. Based on 21 votes and 27 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Brezovica.
Public Transport: 3.6
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Brezovica, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Brezovica, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.4
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.9
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Brezovica.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.4
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Brezovica, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Brezovica is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Brezovica relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.5
(1) There are no snow groomers at Brezovica, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Brezovica are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Brezovica is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.7
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Brezovica, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.9
(1) Brezovica usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.5
(1) The staff at Brezovica are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Brezovica are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.8
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.5
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.5
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Brezovica has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Brezovica, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.2
(1) Not even a kicker at Brezovica, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Brezovica, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Brezovica has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.7
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.3
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.8
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.4
(1) Overall, Brezovica is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.7
(1) Overall, Brezovica is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
November 22, 2016
Ollie from United Kingdom
The snow is great but only for touring & cat skiing. The lifts are a joke! There is 1 cat skiing operation which makes for some awesome skiing but don't dream of going here to use the lifts! They only switch one on at a time and that's only once they've fixed it, then it breaks, then a 2 hour wait for them to fix one of the others & get it going!
Pack your fat skis & skins; forget the pistes.
March 30, 2012
Ilir Himaduna from Serbia
Ilir from Prizren, Kosova
Some new visions about ski resort Brezovica (mt.Schara):
As first to discard the new Master Plan for Brezovica, afterwards to set the quick privatization of this resort going through negotiations between Gvn. of Kosova and Inex Belgrade (who had invested earlier in this resort), making compromises. After that to set a new plan for building of new Cable way (gondola with eight seats) from Tershenja (1200 m.) with big parking lot there and through the stream Mursica to go up till the Kameni dom (lodge house) where nearby it can be built a new restaurant for 500 seats as a shelter place in case of bad weather. Hotel Molika and the train gondola to be ruined because they were built in the wrong place, in the best slope for skiing (we have to treat or imagine it as it was destroyed during the war in Kosova). Also the road to Molika to be out of use due to bad maintaining and avalanches that are falling very often in the road. To cut the road above Tershenja area, in the first bridge and to unable the thieves to reach the resort in Mt.Schara for stealing of lift equipment and causing other damages there. Due to severe weather in this ski resort Mt.Schara, the night life and the accommodation of guests should be transferred to Brezovica settlement (900 m.), building there the new hotels, apartments, restaurants, shopping centers, swimming pools, fitness centers and other facilities. Night skiing can be performed only in Tershenja small ski center nearby the children dormitory. After all these corrections that needs to be done the ski resort Brezovica can be ranked among Top 5 ski resorts in the Europe, because it deserves to be.
March 20, 2012
John from United States
Brezovica is one of the best places in the region to shred. This place lacks of infrastructure, however, it still gives you the chance to enjoy it. There are some steep slopes with good snow conditions. There is positive news that a new project for new Brezovica will start soon. This will make the whole place better. Definitely good place.
March 12, 2012
Edis PZ from Albania
Very attractive place, recommended to visit mostly for off-piste skiing. Also you can find the only master educated Goran from Serbia and his good English with Kulture
January 21, 2012
Kastriot from United States
Brezovica stands out as one of the premier ski/board slopes in Eastern Europe.
The problem with this area is that it, along with the rest of Kosovo, have been ravaged. Lifts have been vandalized by Serbs and the whole place was left in shambles.
However, if you can learn to look passed its faults and are okay with it - if you can accept it - your trip to Brezovica will prove to one one of those moments long-lasting memories are made of.
The people there are nice and friendly. Everyone is a friend.
January 19, 2012
Goran from Serbia
The best ski slopes in this region! The main problem for this ski center is less investments and skiers (Albanians) without kulture. If you planing to go there for skiing, you better choose a working days, not a weekend days. Just to compare Brezovica with other ski centers in the region: best slopes, max adrenalin, you better be a excellent skiers, because Brezovica is for great experience skiers, not for beginners for sure, and the nature is.... uuuaaaoooo!
I'm skiing there from my 5, so more than 20 years, and I still not found something similar around here. Brezovica is the best!
December 02, 2010
y*l*l*n*d*r*i*t from Albania
Brezovica is a great place to ski. I've been there many times and I had a lot of fun. For more info visit snownjeri or Brezovica live cams.
November 12, 2010
Agron from Albania
The review section should be used to review the skiing conditions for this center and not to straight out political views.
As a regular skier of Brezovica, I can tell these are the best slopes in region, very often we get enough powder as early as November and, as was the case this year, we could ski as late as May (whole 5 months of skiing!). The main problem as it was mentioned in some reviews is poor infrastructure, since there wasn't invested anything after it was built in early 70's. However, a privatization process is under way and should be completed within a year or two max. There is no doubt about its potential and I am sure the new investor will know this very well and will make neccessay investments to make this skiing center as competitive as possible.
March 16, 2010
Jorge Cespedes from Costa Rica
With two other friends from USA and Philippines we were last weekend in Brezovica. This is a great place. The mountains are beautiful. Of course, that always is possible more infrasructure. But this is an ecxellent place. There are great restaurants with great food. We stayed at the Woodland Hotel, it is a hotel with all the standards and with very profesional service. We are already looking forward to going back.
The ski tracks were in excellent condition!
Do not hesitate visit Brezovica!
I have been around the world and Brezovica is a beautiful place.