Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Białka Tatrzańska Ski Resort
February 16, 2017
Malgo from United Kingdom
Great ski resort, especially for beginners and kids. Ski lifts open 'til late up to 10 pm or 9pm, great snow conditions, fantastic food and hotels. I would recommend for anyone, but is better to go after peak time as you might find too many people on the slopes and some queues. The atmosphere is great and many things to do after skiing. Can't wait for my family next trip to Bialka xx
Białka Tatrzańska Ratings
Overall: 3.9. Based on 5 votes and 8 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Białka Tatrzańska.
Public Transport: 3.8
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Białka Tatrzańska, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Białka Tatrzańska, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.6
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 4.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Białka Tatrzańska.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.6
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Białka Tatrzańska, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Białka Tatrzańska is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Białka Tatrzańska relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.8
(1) There are no snow groomers at Białka Tatrzańska, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Białka Tatrzańska are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Białka Tatrzańska is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.8
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Białka Tatrzańska, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.2
(1) Białka Tatrzańska usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.4
(1) The staff at Białka Tatrzańska are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Białka Tatrzańska are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.2
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.8
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.2
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Białka Tatrzańska has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Białka Tatrzańska, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.8
(1) Not even a kicker at Białka Tatrzańska, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Białka Tatrzańska, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Białka Tatrzańska has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.6
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 4.5
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 2.5
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.2
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.2
(1) Overall, Białka Tatrzańska is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.2
(1) Overall, Białka Tatrzańska is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
January 05, 2016
Dmitry from Poland
A very terrible place :(
Good: best by quantity of tracks near by Zakopane.
Bad: the worst place by service!
We waited more then 1 hour near the ski lift (-4 or less degrees celcius) and nobody informed us about probable time and nobody provided any help for getting cold people. That lift was the only way to get out from Bialka ski resort.
After we got out and asked the manager for any compensation (1,5 hour of skiing and more then 1 hour of waiting for our destiny) he recommend us to learn Polish language and said that broken lifts were our problem.
December 29, 2015
Dmitry from Russia
One of the worst places to spend winter vacations. All previous reports about improvements seem to be well prepared and arranged by the locals.
In detail, situation as follows for hotel Banja:
ski paths are heavily overcrowded
thermals have so many people
no places to walk, no forest
no gym in the hotel. Several saunas instead where people almost sitting on the toes of one another. It has a so called "local romantic atmosphere"
In other words complete shit and wasting of time to go here.
However, prices for such cool service tend to be European. At least something European they should possess.
December 07, 2014
Tony Tkocz from United Kingdom
We’ve just got back from Poland and miss it already. This was our second time out to Zakopane with Sunshine World and we are so happy with everything. We had to come out earlier this year, so we were concerned over the snow conditions, but the runs were better than in January. Poland might not be as glamorous as the Alps, but the town is so pretty and things are so cheap. We stayed in the same chalet “GONG” again, which is a great place, and must admit that Zakopane is one of our favourite places now. We had so much fun this year and it was great to see Greg and the guys again. Sunshine World really made it so special for us yet again, listening to all our questions and fixing everything for us before we got there. When the two new lifts open, the place is going to be even better.
July 15, 2009
Gareth Nicholls from United Kingdom
Skiing and snowboarding at Białka Tatrzańska has got better and better over the last 3 years that I have been going there. There are good snow making systems so the snow has always been in good condition, there are new lifts, new snow parks and even new runs built there. White Side Holidays Poland are also now offering all inclusive skiing holiday and snowboarding holiday packages to Zakopane, Poland at great value with everything included. You will get to ski at Białka Tatrzańska as well as other great ski areas in Zakopane such as Kasprowy Wierch.
March 13, 2009
Lee Trestain from United Kingdom
Had my first ski holiday in Feb 09. I'm 50 yrs and never skied before. First 3 days at Nosel, with a couple of hours of lessons, was ok but very crowded and the lessons were just ok. Then a friend took us to Bialka (Białka Tatrzańska). Had an hour's lesson and the instructor was great, he put me right and had me skiing from the top of Bialka (Białka Tatrzańska) within the hour. I like everything about Bialka: the service in the hire shop and the restaurant. It has a nice wide piste. I love it so much Im going back later this month.
January 04, 2009
Luke from United Kingdom
Just got back from a few days skiing in Poland and Bialka (Białka Tatrzańska) was the first place we went to. The resort is well run and very friendly - the hire shop guy gave us mates rates, so we ended up paying about £12 for a full ski kit and a full snowboard kit for a full day. The guy that ran the place was once the junior champion for European ski jumping. He showed us his extensive injuries and says he wants more Brits to go to Bialka so they get some more money to develop the resort, which is a little basic. Good snow though, even early in the season (December). Not much there if you're above a basic/intermediate level. Try Bukowina down the road - very underdeveloped (the rental shop had run out of boards by midday and only had 5 sets of skis left) but the pistes are much better and a bit more challenging.
November 25, 2005
mike from Poland
Now Bialka is perfect example of what happens when the folk stand as one:)close to Zakopane this little place had 2 shitty lifts around a year a go they bought some used austrian chair lifts ,extendeded the pistes,built couple of bars and restaurant and taaaaddaaaaa ,now its becoming one of the most popular places to go skinng in poland,a tad cheaper than Zakopane,a nearly modern litlle ski village without the actuall charm of little ski village, often extremly queued up,if you are more of an amateur, recreational skier this is the place for you. Peace.