Snow-Forecast logoSnow mountain photo

Bardonecchia Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Bardonecchia Ski Resort

• March 20, 2014
    Ashleigh Kate from United Kingdom

We stayed at the Hotel I Larici in March 2014. The hotel offers excellent value for money. Tip for any travellers is to email hotel in advance of stay and ask for the annex - as well as getting hotel room you also get small sitting area and kitchenette. Good links to Jafferau, Campo Smith and Melezet (my favourite)

Neilson recommends Cipos bar but we found it quite dirty. We preferred the Mezza Luna bar opposite Cipos for lunchtimes and early evening drinks following our skiing/boarding. Although they didn't accept the Neilson discount card drinks did get cheaper through the week and we were often given free tapas around 5pm.

We did try Bar Medial. Others had issues with charging, however, we didn't experience any problems and got free shots with our Neilson discount card.

As a very nervous beginner I signed up to group skiing lessons last week, at Bardonecchia, with fantastic ski school Spazio Neve. My instructor was called Marcello and he was brilliant. Unfortunately, my nerves got the better of me and the ski school kindly made arrangements for me to have one to one tuition with another superb instructor, Roberto Pacchiodo. He is an excellent instructor and a really talented skier. I was impressed by his patience and his quiet confidence put me at ease on the slopes. His sense of humour kept my nerves at bay and he always remained positive giving me real confidence and trust in him to help me get down the slope safely. One thing I noticed, whilst on my lessons with Roberto and general observations from the nursery slopes, was that he has a real aptitude for working with children of all ages. Roberto has a natural rapport with young people (and nervous adults!) I would definitely recommend the ski school to family and friends. The director of the English ski school, Flavio is charming and very gracious and I appreciated his help arranging one to one lessons.

I am looking forward to returning to Bardonecchia next year and intend to book one to one lessons (hopefully with Marcello or Roberto)

The contact details for the school are:

Phone: 0122-901943 / 0122-907689

I also have Roberto’s business card with his details, if anyone would like his contact information please private message me and I will pass it on to you (don’t want to post it online).

• Bardonecchia Ratings

Based on 10 votes. Vote

Access: 4.7

(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Bardonecchia.

Public Transport: 4.2

(1) There are no buses or taxis to Bardonecchia, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.

Scenery: 3.8

(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.

Accommodation: 4.0

(1) No places to stay in/near Bardonecchia, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.

Cheap Rooms: 4.0

(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.

Luxury Hotels: 3.2

(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Bardonecchia.

Ski in/Ski out: 4.4

(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.

Childcare: 3.3

(1) There are no child care facilities at Bardonecchia, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.

Snowsure: 3.9

(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Bardonecchia is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.

Snowmaking: 4.0

(1) Bardonecchia relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.

Snow Grooming: 4.4

(1) There are no snow groomers at Bardonecchia, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Bardonecchia are groomed daily.

Shelter: 4.4

(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Bardonecchia is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.

Nearby options: 3.3

(1) If snow conditions are poor at Bardonecchia, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.

Regional rating: 3.6

(1) Bardonecchia usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.

Lift Staff: 3.8

(1) The staff at Bardonecchia are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Bardonecchia are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.

Crowds/Queues: 3.7

(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.

Ski Schools: 4.5

(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.

Hire and Repairs: 4.6

(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.

Variety of pistes: 4.2

(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Bardonecchia has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.

Beginners: 3.6

(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.

Intermediates: 4.7

(1) No intermediate terrain at Bardonecchia, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.

Advanced: 4.2

(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.

Snow Park: 4.4

(1) Not even a kicker at Bardonecchia, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.

Off-piste: 4.0

(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.

Cross-country: 4.0

(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Bardonecchia, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.

Luge/Toboggan: 2.0

(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Bardonecchia has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.

Mountain Dining: 4.0

(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.

Eating: 3.9

(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.

Apres-Ski: 3.2

(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.

Other Sports: 4.2

(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.

Entertainment: 3.8

(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.

Winter Walks: 4.2

(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.

Ski Pass Value: 3.6

(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.

Value (National): 3.2

(1) Overall, Bardonecchia is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.

Value (Global): 3.9

(1) Overall, Bardonecchia is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.

Based on 10 votes. Vote

• February 17, 2013
    BusyBee from United Kingdom

Just returned from a brillliant ski trip to Bardonecchia.

We stayed at the Hotel des Geneys which is just a typical Italian ski resort hotel: clean but dark! The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Avoid the Bar Medail near the station. The first time one of our group was short changed "accidently" by 5 euros and the following day the bar tender accused us of underpaying our bar bill by 58euros! Very difficult to do when you are buying rounds and having the drinks delivered to the table! The bar called the police within moments of making the allegation and we had no proof that we had paid! We ended up paying 50euros to avoid any trouble. PS: we are a group of professionals in our 50's!

• February 08, 2012
    redrunner from United Kingdom

We returned to Bardonecchia in Feb 2011 for our second trip (having had our first taste of skiing there in Feb 2010) and unfortunately it was a bit like “a second cup of tea”.

We – being myself, my wife & 2 children (aged 15 & 13) - thought we would return as we enjoyed our first experience so much. We returned to Campo Smith – which is ideally situated at the foot of the slopes – and knew of restaurants etc that the kids enjoyed. However:

• We had to wait 6 hrs on arrival before we could have our room, as it had to be cleaned/ prepared
    • The room we were allocated was next door to the Luna Pizza Restaurant and whilst there was little noise intrusion, it didn’t have a small safe (as did our room in 2010 which was in the main body of the hotel, overlooking the front of the building)
    • Unfortunately, on our last day we had personal belongings and cash stolen from our room. There was no sign of a break in – so assume somebody must have had a key/access – and so we only found out when we had returned. Although we reported it to Crystal, nothing came of it and we ended up having to submit an insurance claim
    • On the same day, the apartment above us was broken into and various electrical items – iPods, iPads etc were stolen
    • We supposedly won a draw arranged by the hotel for a free weeks accommodation back at Campo Smith but we never received anything, despite chasing our Crystal Rep and our travel agent on our return

Would we return to Campo Smith in the future? Possibly. The resort has a good feel about it although the skiing in the area is somewhat limited. If we did, I would certainly ask for a room with a small safe

BE AWARE

• January 31, 2012
    Trevor Robinson from United Kingdom

I went to Bardonnecchia 8/1/12 and stayed at the Hotel La Quiete. The the hotel was fabulous. It was basic, traditional and very comfy. The food was immense and excellent for a so called 2* hotel, every night we were stuffed! The hotel was in an ideal position for the ski areas as it was only a couple minutes walk to the main Campo Smith lifts and to the bus stop if you wanted to go the Jafferau area. The week that we were there the weather was far too warm and blazing sunshine all week which in the end took it's toll on the quality of snow at the Campo Smith area so we spent most of our time up the Jafferau which was a short bus ride to the gondola and took you higher up where the snow quality and skiing was far better. The down side of this area is the lift system which is old and desperate in need of investment in upgrading it. It has a fair few drags and two 2man chairlifts which are very harsh. The first one you use at the top of the gondola is the "Vinne Jones" of chairlifts, it's fast and takes you out from behind when you're not expecting it for the first couple of times and it's not padded. The other 2man is padded but is just as fast and brutal, a couple of goes and you are used to it. The night life is very low key to non existent and there are no cheap places to eat or drink, no happy hours, but all in all I would go back there and especially to the Hotel La Quiete and to see what it's like with really good snow.

• January 14, 2011
    Skinut from United Kingdom

Jan 09, 2010
    We have just returned from our second trip to Bardonecchia. We (my wife & my 6 year old daughter) first visited in Jan 2006 when they were getting ready for the Torino Olympics. This time we returned with our friends, who included two 11 year olds and a 6 year old, all 1st time skiers.
    We stayed in the Rive Campo Smith in 3 appartments which, split across 9 of us, was excellent. Plenty of room, clean & modern. We even took travel kettles on the advice below but the cafe across the court yard did perfect Cappuccino at breakfast time so we didn’t use ours. The week of the 2nd Jan is busy with the Italians coming up on the train from Turin (Epiphany week) but it was not as busy as 2006. The snow conditions were great and having your ski locker 50 meters from the start of the slopes is perfect if you have those in your party who let you carry all the ski's. The resort has added a new tube park opposite the hotel which the kids enjoyed but you can only use it from 4 to 5pm due to lift pass restrictions. The snow conditions were good and the piste team did a good job of refreshing the resort daily. The lift network is great once you have got passed the initial queue 1st thing. If they put a 8 man chair lift in or a second 4 man lift it would make the start of your day much better. We found going over to Les Arnaulds & Melzet got us away from the ski schools and skiing the Olympic run was superb!
    As for the Ski schools we used though Crystal, Ski School Bardonecchia. The kids had a great time and the measure of how good they were being taught was on the 2nd day. All the learner skiers were up the mountain on the blue runs and we could ski with confidence/in safety with them in the afternoon. By day 4 they were going down red runs and trying to keep up with a 4ft nothing 6 year old really tested me! The only downside for me is, apart from a very technical and steep red run back into Campo Smith which I enjoyed, the blue run down for most skiers at the end of the day becomes the charge of the light brigade. Avoid 3.30 to 4.30 when the lessons are finishing. Start après-ski early or stay up top and be one of the last ones down.
    The bars and restaurants in the hotel complex were great and costs were really reasonable. I would say half the price of what you would pay in France and the staff were actually pleased to see you. For 9 of us eating loads and then drinking rather too much the total bill never exceed 200 Euros for the whole night.
    For those seeking more nightlife, Italian restaurants and nice shops, the high street in the town is excellent and at night it is lit up beautifully. Be warned, from the hotel it is just over a mile downhill! On the upside the week we were there they ran a free bus service (every 15mins) around the resort.
    If you have kids who are 1st timers or are on their second or third trip, I would recommend Bardonecchia as a family friendly resort. I would not stay anywhere else other than the Rive Campo Smith ski to door complex if you have kids as the logistics of getting ready and to lessons could spoil your holiday. Neilson & Crystal both use the resort and this time we travelled with Crystal and I would give them 8 out of 10 for service. Turin airport is Turin airport and it will always be a 2.5hr transition so just plan for it.
    Other than that, Bardonecchia is a family friendly and enjoyable place to ski……enjoy.

• November 01, 2010
    Frances from Italy

I went to Bardonecchia in the summer and last winter. I plan to go again this winter and stay in Pensione Bianca, where I stayed in the summer. It was lovely to have somewhere run by Brits, they understand the area and locals really well but have the great, welcoming warmth and humour Brits have. Plus catered chalets don't really exist from what I can tell. The decor was friendly and welcoming, and customer service second to none, I can't wait!

• February 03, 2009
    dano from United Kingdom

For a snowboarder Bardonecchia offers a great mix of all that a snowboard is good for. A great snowpark (when it was open) with loads of fun obstacles to injure oneself, a whole mountain (Jafferau) as a back country powder magnet, and loads of tree runs through the mostly intermediate, quiet and well groomed pistes in the main area. However, if you were a boarder just interested in one type of riding, the resort might start to tire.

The resort is quiet during the week and the evenings are so quiet in the town you could hear the snow fall, but there's enough cheap pasta and pizza to keep the low pound-euro exchange rate in check. I stayed at Campo Smith which was ok; not great, but had a great view of one of the only ungroomed black runs which provided much entertainment.

On the real downside, the weekend is an utter nightmare at Bardonecchia. The density of people on the slopes seems to increase tenfold with a constant stream of ski schools and Turinese locals cluttering the slopes. The lifts, that are nice and quick, turn into 30 minute frenzies which, I found, completely frustrated the last day in the resort. I would recommend getting blasted on the penultimate day and go and watch the weekend snowboarders at the half-pipe rather than follow a ski school all day.

That said, I would put Bardonecchia high up on the list of places to go back to as I like a relatively varied boarding resort. However, I do realise that if the conditions are against you: no snow, icy, cloudy then the experience could rapidly go downhill. Fortunately, 2009 provided the best snow in 20 years for Bardonecchia. 7 snowflakes out of 10.

• February 12, 2008
    jill race from United Kingdom

Just returned from second visit to Bardonecchia. Had a great holiday staying at Campo Smith. The snow was great this year, pistes well groomed. Brilliant ski school, instructors very friendly, excellent for children. Will consider third visit next year.

• February 06, 2008
    Nigel Cooper from United Kingdom

Good value resort for beginners/intermediates.
    Went 27/1/2008, stayed at Rive Campo Smith Apartments. Has a great time. Last week of low season so great value (£1250 for family of 4 incl flight, tuition, lift pass and kit - Thomson, booked November).
    Apartments: Great location on slope next to ski school. Clean and comfortable. Great views of slopes. Excellent 5* restaurant on site but v.expensive. 15 minutes walk to nearest SPAR type shop! But on free ski bus route. However, most shops only open at 4pm and bus stops at 5:45, so plan your shopping. Apts have lockers on site. English style pub opposite apts with good restaurant and ambience.

Resort: Smallish resort, v. quiet in low season (dead at night generally), but looked like it would get very busy in high season. Not particularly pretty, but not ugly either, and relatively quiet/traffic free during week. Carnival on Saturday night with excellent fireworks and fancy dress candlelit descent - do not miss! Good raclette meals (melt your own cheese at the table) a speciality.
    Skiing: Good number of blue and red pistes, uncrowded during week, but busy at w/e when locals arrive. Nothing much for experts. Nice picturesque wooded runs on generally wide pistes. No snow while we were there and warm, so it got icy, but the runs are high enough so that they're not too bad. Plenty of cannons to help as well. Good friendly ski school, excellent for kids, good English, and technically excellent, but most don't have conversational English, so can sometimes get confused when you ask them questions. Blue slopes are STEEP for blues and can be tricky in comparison to other resorts, especially if icy. Lifts are good and appear to have been modernised since 2006 Olympics. 2 4-man chairs take you to the top of the Mt Colomion, or 1 in Melezet.

Location: 1.5 hours from Turin and no hairpin roads - access straight from the motorway. Turin airport too small for the amount of traffic, so long check-in/security queues (2.5 hours just queueing on Sunday am), but clean and modern. Well connected to local area for sight-seeing by train/car to Turin etc.

Summary: We had a good time there, the kids loved it, great value off-season, we'll be booking again for next year.

• March 05, 2007
    ROGER from United Kingdom

Just back from Bardonecchia (18/2 - 25/2/07). Stayed at La Quiete, a small family run guest house 5 mins from the pistes (loads of good food but apartment a bit dated). Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the resort. Only snowed on last day but pistes had ample man-made snow and were refreshed every night. Bit icy in places but adds to the excitement. Excellent restaurants on the slopes.
    First time daughter and I tried snowboards. Olympic Snowboard park is a must-see. Also had a go on the Olympic 4 man bob. Gotta be done if you have the chance. Hard but enjoyable week and cannot wait until the next time.

• January 10, 2007
    joanne from United Kingdom

Went to Bardonecchia over New Year in to 2007. Stayed at hotel Des Geneys and had a wonderful time. This is a wonderful family run hotel the staff are friendly and helpful, paticularly Alfredo the waiter. We were a large group of 17, 5 of which were children the hotel catered for our every need although not the hotel of choice if apres ski partying and drinking is your thing but family friendly it certainly is. The hotel decor is a bit 1970s but is clean and well run. The skiing was fantastic not a lot of snow while we were there but the snow cannons were used every night and the pistes remained very well maintained. Most of our group were beginners or intermediates and the runs were ideally suited to this although some of our group have skied for many years and did not get bored. I would highly recomend this resort and hotel

• December 05, 2006
    nick maye from United Kingdom

Went to Bardonecchia twice in 2006 over Xmas and again at the end of March and was accompanied on both occassions by my seven year old son. We had an absolute ball, the pistes were in excellent order with the added bonus of fresh powder for two days on the March trip.
    This was my sons first trip and he loved it, the ski school is excellent there are also loads of really good restaurants that are real value for money .Everyone is exceptionally friendly and goes out of their way to be helpfull.
    The runs are ideally suited to intermediates but I have been skiing for over twenty years and didn't get bored.Jaffrau is a real gem and well worth a look particularly as there is now a spanking new gondola to replace the precarious old chairlift.
    If you have kids bardonecchia is brilliant, ok the skiing isn't that challenging but you could always sneak a day over the border in France as its only a stones throw.

• February 25, 2006
    Joe from United Kingdom

Yea, I agree with you Sue, the Hotel Rive was realy good. We stayed in apartments as a family. The apartments look right out over the black slope (unkept.) We went on boxing day and there was plenty of snow. The lifts are quite old but they do their jobs. When we went was obviously a busy time and this resulted in perhaps having to wait 20 mins for the bottom 4 man chairlift but this was only needed once a day because, once up on the mountain, the other lifts had no queue at all. The only setback for staying here was the 15 min walk to the centre of the town to get food and the limited challenging runs. However, comparing this resort to Austria, I think that the runs are generally harder for their colour than what they are in Austria. The skiing was really good and all credit to the piste mentainence team; they do a great job! The black run down from mid station was really good and a good challenge for anybody but there was only this one run! However, there was a short bit of black (unmarked) from the top down to join the top of the red run (this cutting off the scenic blue slope). Overall, our family of 4 had a great time. However, skiing for blue and red runners was really good. Personally I'd have liked a few more challenging slopes but we did get to ski by the 2006 Olympic snowboard halfpipe and seeing it back on TV was really good! The weather for the week was very good. I recommend this place if you don't know where to go, go here! I liked it, and I hope you do as well!!

I'm sorry if any of that didn't really make sence, I have written it quickly, and I should really get back to doing revision for my GCSEs. I hope you found that review useful, post a comment in the contact page if you want to know more, not sure what that is, but I'll have a look when I submit this!

• January 16, 2006
    Sue Langley from United Kingdom

I have just come back from an excellent ski holiday in Bardonecchia. We stayed in the Hotel Rive (Best Western). This is a first class hotel, the rooms were superb; it is a 4* hotel seemed more like a 6*. It has a free gym, sauna,and turkish baths. All of the ski lifts have been modernised,the ski-ing was great and the snow was good. They have plenty of snow cannons if needed.There was only 1 black run,but there is a great selection of reds and blues. I would definately reccomend this holiday, it was a dream.

• December 11, 2005
    Steve Persons from United States

Bardonecchia, What can I say, it is classic Italian. I have been to Bardonecchia 8 times in the last 10 years. The skiing is the best in February or March. Check the snow report before you go, as it can be a bit thin. Selected runs have good manmade, but most of the mountain is natural snow. When there is snow the terrain is super fun. Nice tree glades and always changing terrain. The locals are friendly and town has many great places to eat and drink. Night life can be a little slow during the week. Weekends are always fun, good local musicians. If the skiing is not so good in Bardonecchia you can drive up to nearby Sestriere for some higher altitude skiing. I have always enjoyed Italy, not only for the skiing, but for it's people and food. The best place to stay, in my experience, is the Hotel Larici in the residential area of town. Enjoy.

• February 11, 2005
    MossideMookie from United Kingdom

Jan 2005.

My Third ski/boarding Trip To Italy was not impressed with This Resort At All.
    Stayed In Hotel La betulla ( exellent Food ) Very Basic Rooms Ect.
    Snow was Poor Grass and Rocks Showing Through, even Know most lifts Were open.
    What was Very annoying about this resort was it seemed They only Cared About Weekend visitors, ample snow cannons But only realy used for the weekend local Crowd when they Needed to be used All week,Seems they Could Not be botherd To Open the Half pipe either.
    people around the town in main very surley and very unfriendly, Piste Are uncrowded During The week But very Busy at weekends same Goes for the Town Its self in general, not a place for appres Ski If thats what youre Looking For not much to do besides ski.
    Resort Is de vided into three ski area's you can interconnect bewteen two of them if snow is good.
    Colomion the mian area and where the majority of easy piste are, accessed by a four man chair easy for novice to use , then another two four man chairs ( right hand side off first lift) you ski down to these in order to access Higher Runs and or ski down to Melezet 'Snow permitting' left hand side is two sets of red runs one of wich is world cup run accessed by a poma lol.
    Melezet also accessed by four man chair if youre a beginner get off a first station two nice easy runs left and ride side of chair, Top of this range is all Drag/poma's.
    Jaffreau the Hightest of the three Areas is accesed by a very old dodgy lift indeed ( needs replacing), you have to carry youre ski's can be very off putting for a beginner, most runs are not for beginner's either, beware of the (lack of) safety barriers accident waiting to happen.

Final Thoughts dont Bother, Head For the dolomites instead

• December 29, 2003
    Harry from United Kingdom

Bardonecchia is a very different resort, it is spread over 3 separate areas, one of which is only linked by bus (free with lift pass) and an extremely rickety chair lift.
    The Town/Village is split into two parts; the older village core and the newer residential areas.
    Another aspect of the areas twin personalities is that it is very busy at weekends with wealthy Turinese who own apartments in the town, however from Monday to Friday both the town and pistes are deserted.
    There is a very good variety of Pistes but the lifts could do with some modernisation, there are a fair selection of releatively cheap mountain restaurants and cafes.
    Apres ski is very quiet midweek.