Baqueira/Beret Resort Reviews
1 am 29 Mar 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Baqueira/Beret at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Baqueira/Beret Ski Resort
February 07, 2016
Madrid from Spain
Nieva que te nieva! Por fin! Ya está cubierto, a ver qué tal la pisan esta noche y tenemos estación española totalmente cubierta!
Overall: 4.1. Based on 91 votes and 45 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Baqueira/Beret.
Public Transport: 3.4
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Baqueira/Beret, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Baqueira/Beret, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.9
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 4.8
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Baqueira/Beret.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.3
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Baqueira/Beret, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Baqueira/Beret is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Baqueira/Beret relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.6
(1) There are no snow groomers at Baqueira/Beret, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Baqueira/Beret are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Baqueira/Beret is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.1
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Baqueira/Beret, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.8
(1) Baqueira/Beret usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.4
(1) The staff at Baqueira/Beret are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Baqueira/Beret are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.6
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.7
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.7
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Baqueira/Beret has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Baqueira/Beret, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.3
(1) Not even a kicker at Baqueira/Beret, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Baqueira/Beret, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Baqueira/Beret has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.7
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 4.1
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.7
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.1
(1) Overall, Baqueira/Beret is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.8
(1) Overall, Baqueira/Beret is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
December 17, 2013
J. from Spain
To another reviewer: this website is run from the UK, not the United States. Also, could you tell me where Nebraska or Iowa are on a map without consulting an atlas first?
Other than that, I agree that Baqueira Beret is awesome.
October 29, 2013
Marcos from Spain
Funny to read the author of this website stating to be surprised that there is snow in Spain "giving its latitude". What did you expect to find in winter in a country that lies between 36º and 43º North..? coconuts ? Barcelona (41º 23') is further up north than New York is (40º 30'), yet he is surprised that there are good ski slopes in Spain.. :-) Ah, Americans, you'll definitely need to look at a world atlas one of these days.
By the way, Baqueira Beret is awesome.
[note from the editor: an error has been made at the beginning of this review. The "author of this website" has not expressed surprise that there is snow in Spain.}
April 25, 2012
JR - London from United Kingdom
Went with "Neilson" in February 2012 - impressive place with lots of blue and red runs. Wonderful views of the Pyrenees. No significant queues at lifts and gondola. No crowds! Stayed in "Tuc Blanc"- very pleasant hotel with very good food and service. Rather long transfer to the resort but quite similar to transfers to Andorra. Have skied in many places in Europe and USA. Baqueira/Beret is little known and definitely underrated amongst the European resorts. Will ski there again.
January 13, 2012
Feelfree Rentals Baqueira from Spain
Otro glorioso día de nieve con sol, frío y espesores de 150 cms... Baqueira, See you there this weekend!!
November 28, 2011
Feelfree Rentals Baqueira from Spain
What´s new this season in Baqueira?
A total of 6 Million € were invested of which 50 % went solely to the snow production in Baqueira Beret. 3 plows for preparing the slopes were added and 59 new snow cannons were installed on the North side of the ski area. A whole lake was built new to increase the snow production.
November 25, 2011
Feelfree Rentals Baqueira from Spain
There´s nothing you can´t do in Val D´Aran. Everything from Classics such as Alpine Skiing, Snowboarding, Nordic Skiing to something more special such as Heliski, Snowshoeing and Telemark Skiing. To round the range of snow activities off, Snowmobile Tours, Horse Sleds and Mushing (Husky drawn sleds) Tours are offered as well. You can find more information at the Tourism Offices in Vielha, Salardú and Arties.
February 20, 2011
arantza from Spain
We ski in Baqueira (Baqueira/Beret) since more than 20 years ago. The resort is the best in Spain, including Andorra, and the atmosphere is fantastic. We used to go to different hotels in Baqueira, but since four years ago we try to rent an apartment or a house for all the family. I recommend feelfreerentals.com, high standard apartments and much cheaper than any hotel.
December 28, 2010
John from United Kingdom
Awesome parties at Baqueira/Beret, all Wednesday night, called Gran Miércoles at Tiffany's Baqueira.
November 17, 2010
Tim from United Kingdom
Baqueira/Beret is a fantastic resort for families with plenty of intermediate slopes and some superb off-piste skiing for more experienced skiers. Try skinspired.co.uk for holidays and transfer options.