Bad Kleinkirchheim Resort Reviews
7 am 28 Jun 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Bad Kleinkirchheim at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Bad Kleinkirchheim Ski Resort
November 03, 2015
Ashers from United Kingdom
Stayed in BKK in March 2015. Sadly for us, not the best snow this season, but we were very impressed by the amount of effort put into keeping what snow was there, in a skiable condition. We stayed at the Eschenhof Hotel and it was fabulous. Friendly helpful owners and staff. We will certainly make a return visit to this lovely spa town and fingers crossed there will be more snow as the slopes will be amazing.
Bad Kleinkirchheim Ratings
Overall: 3.6. Based on 4 votes and 9 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Bad Kleinkirchheim.
Public Transport: 2.7
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Bad Kleinkirchheim, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Bad Kleinkirchheim, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.5
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 4.5
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Bad Kleinkirchheim.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.2
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Bad Kleinkirchheim, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Bad Kleinkirchheim is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Bad Kleinkirchheim relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Bad Kleinkirchheim, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Bad Kleinkirchheim are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Bad Kleinkirchheim is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 4.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Bad Kleinkirchheim, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.2
(1) Bad Kleinkirchheim usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.0
(1) The staff at Bad Kleinkirchheim are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Bad Kleinkirchheim are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.5
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 3.8
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.2
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Bad Kleinkirchheim has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Bad Kleinkirchheim, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Bad Kleinkirchheim, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Bad Kleinkirchheim, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Bad Kleinkirchheim has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.8
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.8
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 4.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 2.8
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.5
(1) Overall, Bad Kleinkirchheim is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.8
(1) Overall, Bad Kleinkirchheim is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
January 31, 2015
Adrian from United Kingdom
A beautiful little town with plenty; two very clean spas. The skiing is great in the winter. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from with very good quality hotels and apartments to choose from for accommodation.
Recommended to visit especially in the winter for the skiing.
January 04, 2015
Markas from Lithuania
We stayed with family in Bad Kleinkirchheim for 9 days. Nice town, good food but if you are going for a ski vacation you could be disappointed because of the lack of snow and bad preparation of slopes (several days there was ice on the slopes). I don't know why they are not making artificial snow, seems they don't care. In summary, if you are going to this place for skiing you could be very disappointed.
May 20, 2013
Hein from Netherlands
Nice resort, good skiing. The very old chair lifts 12 and 13 are outright dangerous. The lack of capacity for this stretch is compensated by making them work at a too high speed. The staff cannot manually handover the chairs properly at this speed. I myself found myself hanging outside a chair and had to jump off to avoid an even more dangerous air trip and twisted my knee during the event. The attending staff cannot manage the high speed handover and break system properly. Four months after the event I am still recovering from the knee injury. Time to upgrade the lifts or to run them at the early 1950's speed for which they were designed.
January 12, 2012
Tony from United Kingdom
Great place to go. Lots of scope for a young family with great facilities and infrastructure.
Only 40 minutes from Slovenia.
March 10, 2009
Petya from Bulgaria
Bad Kleinkirhheim is a perfect place for a winter vacation and Trattlerhof hotel is my favorite hotel. We feel there like at home there. We have a lot of winter resorts in Bulgaria as well but after our first visit to Bad Kleinkirhheim we prefer to go there every winter.
November 30, 2006
Lupus from Hungary
The best thing about this resort is the variety of things you can do after skiing. Two spas and the monday & wednesday night sledge fun. You go up half the hill with a sledge in the lift and slide down on a lit path (specifically created for sledging) for 20-25 minutes. Watch your back!
March 03, 2005
Joseph from United Kingdom
Great weather - great conditions - perfect snow!
I just had some wonderful days in Bad Kleinkirchheim. Really enjoyable
October 31, 2003
Michael from Austria
Bad Kleinkirchheim is a very nice ski resort. They don't have the newest skilifts, or the best apr?s ski, but the skiing is great and the amount of tiny ski-huts is huge!
It's a unique resort that trys very hard to resist the moods of weather. There are over 500 (!) snow-machines so that there is always snow when and where you need it.
The great thing about Bad Kleinkirchheim is that there is a huge variety of great hotels. Don't check your travel agent all the time - it might be worth it to try to book directly.
This year they are building a new downhill track called 'Franz Klammer - Carinthia'.
In Bad Kleinkirchheim it is also possible to get a discounted ski and thermal-spa pass - so skiing first and swimming afterwards.
See you in BKK ;-)