Apex Resort Resort Reviews
10 am 22 Jun 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Apex Resort at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Apex Resort Ski Resort
April 17, 2013
Shotski from Canada
I have been skiing Apex since I was 3 years of age. I am 39 now and a permanent fixture there! It is an amazing little gem tucked away in the Okanagan. It not only has the famous Okanagan champaigne powder but the steeps and the vertical for the more advanced skier to piece through all day long. Apex staff and locals are all very friendly and all have one goal in mind and that is to enjoy the hill and have fun. The freestyle programs and kids clubs are great as well. The hill offers skiing for all levels of skiers and is not too busy so it's easy to teach the little ones. Accommodation is fairly affordable and the ticket prices are reasonable! Come check it out, you will keep coming back!
Apex Resort Ratings
Overall: 3.8. Based on 24 votes and 11 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Apex Resort.
Public Transport: 3.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Apex Resort, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Apex Resort, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.4
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Apex Resort.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.5
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Apex Resort, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Apex Resort is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Apex Resort relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.1
(1) There are no snow groomers at Apex Resort, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Apex Resort are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Apex Resort is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.9
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Apex Resort, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.0
(1) Apex Resort usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.4
(1) The staff at Apex Resort are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Apex Resort are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.5
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.4
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.6
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Apex Resort has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Apex Resort, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.8
(1) Not even a kicker at Apex Resort, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Apex Resort, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Apex Resort has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.6
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.6
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.8
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.8
(1) Overall, Apex Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.0
(1) Overall, Apex Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
November 15, 2010
Geoff from Canada
Apex Mountain is a fantastic place to spend a weekend with your family. We started the day with a quick breakfast in the village, and spent the next 4 hours in powdery heaven. We were surprised by the challenging runs and no lift lines make this mountain a new favourite for our family. Staff were friendly and helpful.
November 15, 2010
Jack from Canada
Apex (Apex Mountain) is one gem of a resort. I have skied a lot of mountains in my day and Apex is one of those mountains that has everything I'm looking for. The only thing it doesn't have is lift lines. Even on the weekend if you have to wait more than a couple of minutes it's an exception.
The mountain has tons of good steeps, open glades, and great blue cruisers. The Gunbarrel and Tempest room provide great ski-in, ski-out eating and apres atmosphere. There is a tube park, ice skating rink and ice skating adventure loop for my kids so after the day we can still play.
The best part (I'm from Vancouver) is that Apex has that light dry powder snow that the Okanagan is famous for.
Our accommodations on the mountain were great and very affordable.
We will be back this year for sure and Apex has moved to the top of our list!
January 13, 2010
Wayne Schafer from Canada
I have been skiing Apex for a number of years and have to agree that it is a one-of-a-kind rarity. It is one of the only places I know with quality skiing on every run, and few to non-existent lift line-ups. The season starts early with international level athletes arriving in November. There are excellent groomers, great bump runs, tube park, half pipe, terrain park, Okanagan powder, and great glades. There is something for everyone from beginners to the experts at Apex Mountain. Village life is good too. There are the traditional ski bars, restaurants, and our own Trading Post with super friendly owners. Accommodations on the hill include numerous ski-in ski-out rentals of every size, some with hot tubs and fireplaces for greater relaxation. So, if you want a vacation in a friendly and relaxed location, with loads of fun on the hill, come to Apex. We would love to see you there.
February 14, 2009
Scooby from Afghanistan
I have been having a great time at Apex Mountain since 1982. Good snow, steep turns and great locals.
December 17, 2008
Chad Henderson from Canada
Apex Mountain is truly a rare find. One of the friendliest villages, a great place for a family, and incredible fall line skiing on every run. With few lift lines and great access to lots of vertical any skier or boarder will need to put their legs up and rest with a cold beer in the famous Gunbarrel saloon at apres. Apex Mountain is a hidden gem, and the few who discover it are loving the fact that they seem to have it all to themselves. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a true skiing vacation away from hype and glitter and that focuses on snow, steeps, and good fun.
February 07, 2008
Shawn from Canada
Amazing mountain! Soft, velvety powder, 67 runs, no lift lines, friendly locals, complimentary 1 km skating loop lit up at night, hockey rink, ice climbing wall, snow mobile / snow shoe tours, tube park, great local music - some weekends have live band.
The luxury 2 bedroom condo in the village centre was relaxing - with heated floors, private hot tub and comfortable beds. Restaurants offer delicious Mexican food, pasta, seafood, steak and vegetarian options.
January 17, 2008
Cindy Bock from United States
We spent a few days, over Christmas, in the mountains at Apex. Our four day stay was excellent -- we managed to keep the kids entertained and that meant everyone was happy!! Of course, there were some issues with the chairlift stopping but we’ve had that elsewhere as well. We skied for three of the days on the vast variety of terrain that Apex has. My husband and daughter did laps of the quad chair while my son and I cruised over at the Stocks chair. A quick coffee and lunch at the coffee shop or cafeteria re-energized us for the afternoons. When the kids had energy left in the evenings (as they always do!) there were ways to direct it -- hitting the T bar for some night skiing, tubing at the Tube Park, playing a bit of pickup hockey or skating around the loop trying to out lap each other.
The staff were always friendly and helpful, there was terrain for all the family members, and everything was so close in the village that we could send the kids off to the arcade with some change in hand and not be worried!! We enjoyed our stay at Apex and are looking to head there again next year, and bring some friends along this time too.
April 01, 2007
Art from Canada
Great local mountain, some good blue runs. Gun Barrel Saloon has very good food. However the maintenance and management have deteriorated over the ;ast few years. No new amenities of any significance in quite a few years. Stocks chair is extremely slow and badly needs replacement. Don't trust their website, or even the snow report at the ticket office for accurate, up-to-date information on conditions or on which runs have been groomed overnight. I'm a long time season's pass holder becoming disillusioned by how little planning, maintenance or development is going on.
March 01, 2006
david frappell from Australia
Steep hill with some great testing terrain, have the mountain to yourself, its a great place to meet locals