Anzère Resort Reviews
12 pm 24 Jan 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Anzere at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Anzère Ski Resort
December 16, 2011
John horgan from United Kingdom
Don't bother visiting Anzere (Anzère), unless of course you enjoy uncrowded pistes, spectacular mountain views, tasty slopeside restaurants along with genuine Swiss hospitality.
While this small resort cannot boast the huge expanse of terrain of its bigger neighbours it does offer varied and interesting skiing for all abilities, particularly intermediate skiers / boarders.
If you hire a car there are literally 10s of nearby resorts to explore.
I normally stay in Hotel Zodiaque which is very reasonably priced and has a lively bar and friendly staff.
You have to walk about 5 minutes to the ski lift, or for the fat and lazy there is a free shuttle bus every few minutes, the upside is that you can ski back right up to the hotel door in all but the worst snow conditions.
It has taken me years to write this review because I want this resort to remain as it is an undiscovered gem.
Overall: 4.5. Based on 20 votes and 4 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Anzère.
Public Transport: 4.8
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Anzère, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Anzère, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.7
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.7
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Anzère.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.7
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Anzère, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Anzère is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Anzère relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.8
(1) There are no snow groomers at Anzère, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Anzère are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Anzère is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.7
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Anzère, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.6
(1) Anzère usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.9
(1) The staff at Anzère are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Anzère are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.9
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.9
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.8
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Anzère has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Anzère, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 4.1
(1) Not even a kicker at Anzère, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Anzère, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Anzère has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.7
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 4.6
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 4.8
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.7
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.5
(1) Overall, Anzère is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.4
(1) Overall, Anzère is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
December 02, 2009
Nigel Belford and family. from United Kingdom
Anzère is a lovely small resort with a lively bar at the Hotel Eden. The ''village' is car free . We stayed at a lovely chalet called Chalet Clarine booked through a company called Novagence. There are breathtaking views over the Rhone Valley and surrounding high peaks. A very peaceful place with friendly locals, few lift queues and if you have a car only 25 minutes to visit Crans Montana. Sion is only down the valley and is very cosmopolitan. Bus or car to get there. Sion is the oldest town in Switzerland with two castles. A new gondola has been installed at Anzère and the skiing down to Les Rouses is lovely though the trees.
November 30, 2008
christopher noble from United Kingdom
I have visited Anzère with my family nearly every year in the past 20.
It's far friendlier than Crans-Montana, it's better value for money than Megeve, the weather's better than the Bernese Oberland, the people are friendlier than Austria and the pistes are looked after much better than those in Italy.
We'll keep going back to Anzère
November 30, 2005
Andrew Collins from United Kingdom
Anzere is situated in the heart of the Valais region of Switzerland, and is most easily accessible from Geneva and especially Sion (just 20 mins away) airports. Thanks to its location and altitude, it benefits from the most breathtaking views this visitor has ever seen, in over 20 years of visiting the Swiss, French and Austrian Alps, as well as sunny, warm summers and a good long season on the pistes, with generous snowfall.
Unlike its perhaps better known but overdeveloped neighbours of Crans Mantana, Verbier and Nendaz, the unspoilt views as well as the traditional friendliness and authentic hospitality of the locals (especially at the fantastic and highly recommended 'La Poste restaurant'), make Anzere a rare gem - a resort which encapsulates all the beauty, tranquility and charm of Sitzerland at its very best.
Anzere not only boasts some fine restaurants and bars, but also good skiing and snowboarding (especially at Les Rousses), walking, hiking, tennis, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, and a range of other outdoor sports.
All this means this visitor no longer goes anywhere else. Highly recommended.