Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Alpine Meadows Ski Resort
November 29, 2006
saltyballs. from United States
Alpine Meadows is amazing. Fun park, always new improvements and the best snow in Tahoe. Never crowded. Whenever there is new snow, the best lines and untracked powder are only a short hike away. Right next to Squaw but on average recieves 100 more inches of snow then Squaw. With 500 inches of snow a year, there are tons of pow days to come each year.
Its cheap too, only $39.
Alpine Meadows Ratings
Overall: 3.4. Based on 1 vote and 2 reviews. Vote
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Alpine Meadows, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 2.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Alpine Meadows is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Alpine Meadows relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Alpine Meadows, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Alpine Meadows are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Alpine Meadows is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 4.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Alpine Meadows, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.0
(1) Alpine Meadows usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 5.0
(1) The staff at Alpine Meadows are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Alpine Meadows are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Variety of pistes: 3.0
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Alpine Meadows has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Alpine Meadows, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Alpine Meadows, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Value (Global): 3.0
(1) Overall, Alpine Meadows is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
November 02, 2004
thibaut colar from United States
Alpine meadows is one of the top resorts in california, it s not as well known as squaw valley, but in my opinion is even better. This is a big resort with huge meadows and it has terrain for everyone. The snow is usually good (a least in quantity).
Only drawback is it's pricey and can get crowded but then not as much as squaw.