Alba di Canazei Resort Reviews
1 pm 24 Oct 2016(local time) Weather Forecast for Alba di Canazei at m altitude issued:
Alba di Canazei
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Alba di Canazei Ski Resort
December 29, 2008
Joe from United Kingdom
The Ciampac /Buffare ski area is the one accessible from the cable car at Alba. This is the place to start off your holiday. Nice easy slopes to get those legs going, and over the top the Buffare downhill pistes through the woods are unbelievable. Generally a quieter area than Belvedere - available from nearby Canazei (1km) - and also better when the clouds close in. Every bar we have eaten at has been brilliant. At the day's end, the brilliant 1km black run down to Alba is a joy - wide enough to take gently for those of us whose are now a little wiery after the day's fun.
And in the evening, the bars and pizzerias (especially Pizza Edy and El Resole) are magnificent. Overall, Alba is a brilliant base for Val di Fassa fans who like it a bit quieter than Canazei. This is Italian skiing at its best.
Alba di Canazei Ratings
Overall: 3.8. Based on 2 votes and 1 review. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Alba di Canazei.
Public Transport: 1.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Alba di Canazei, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Alba di Canazei, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Luxury Hotels: 5.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Alba di Canazei.
Ski in/Ski out: 5.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Alba di Canazei is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Alba di Canazei, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Lift Staff: 4.0
(1) The staff at Alba di Canazei are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Alba di Canazei are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
Value (Global): 5.0
(1) Overall, Alba di Canazei is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.